Just wasn't in the mood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I missed one that was 8 feet strait under my stand. I had a cva traditional muzzleloader it was almost dark and there she was right under me. I aim right at her back and pulled the trigger. I missed!!! The blast cought her on fire! She ran through the woods smoking like a old ford truck. I didnt see any flames but i know she was on fire. I think the ball rolled out before i shot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I was there. I like such atmosphere:thumb:

First of all, welcome to the forum.:D
I think Okla has some of the most beautiful sunsets of any place I've ever been. Maybe its because we are so open and flat in my neck of the woods we can actually see the sunset vs a mountainous terrain.

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Dennis

Last night I was in my stand and two does came in within 8 yards - I was in a ladder stand. I put the crosshairs of my crossbow on both, could have shot either one but just didn't do it. In a while a little button buck came by - did the same thing. 20 minutes later I saw a decent buck coming. He held up about 70 yards out, stood there looking around for 10 minutes. I made up my mind to shoot him, but another hunter came walking by and off he went. I stayed up and pretty soon two more does came in but out of range, then another one came within 3' of the botom of the ladder. Six does and one buck. I count it as a successful hunt.

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I missed one that was 8 feet strait under my stand. I had a cva traditional muzzleloader it was almost dark and there she was right under me. I aim right at her back and pulled the trigger. I missed!!! The blast cought her on fire! She ran through the woods smoking like a old ford truck. I didnt see any flames but i know she was on fire. I think the ball rolled out before i shot.

Oh, this made me laugh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom