Justice Dept. in "Panic Mode' according to Fox News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arizona gun store owners say they were explicitly told by the ATF to sell the guns, sometimes 20, 30, even up to 40 in a single day to single person.

And those orders, from at least one ATF case agent, are on audio recording.

"We would say, 'Do you (the ATF) want us to stop selling, is there something we should do here?'" Brad DeSayes, owner of J&G Gun Sales in Prescott, said. "And they would say, 'No, no, no, keep selling - just tell us after the fact.'"

Despite the obvious ATF responsibility here, wouldn't you think at some point the dealers would say "enough", and stop these supicious sales, or at least demand something in writing from the ATF?

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Despite the obvious ATF responsibility here, wouldn't you think at some point the dealers would say "enough", and stop these supicious sales, or at least demand something in writing from the ATF?

I imagine they were worried about retaliation from the ATF if they didn't do exactly what they wanted, and judging from the level of ethics we've come to expect from them they would be right to worry.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Don't worry! We're from the gov'ment and we're here to help!

Gotta be someone else's fault. The government is incapable of wrongdoing.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the ATF can be implicated as an accessory in the murder of a border patrol agent?

According to a news report I heard on NPR this morning two of the guns used in the murder were supplied by the ATF to the cartels as part of the 'fast and furious' program.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe this has already been mentioned, and if so I apologize. I feel that the Justice Dept. let the guns walk, HOPING they would be used in a crime. they could then be traced, and the data used to support their contention about U.S. arms being used in mexican crimes.

You are correct my good man. Also, once they can provide "data" about said weapons, they will use it to push more gun control laws. Funny part is, the only weapons Mexico gives back to the U.S. are the ones they (Mexico) think are from here. This way the ATF can say "75% of the guns confiscated in Mexico were from the U.S." Too bad that the number of guns shipped back to be checked out, only makes up about ~10% of the guns seized. Of that ~10%, about ~40% can be traced back to U.S. gun shops. This is why they are trying to dump as many U.S. sold guns as possible into Mexico, so they can "make the numbers work for them."

Number of guns seized in Mexico= 30,000
Number of guns given to ATF to be traced= 7,200
Number of guns sucessfully traced to U.S.= 3,480 or 12%

Source: U.S. Government Accountability Office 2008

Last edited:

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh goodie...

And the drum beat begins. This morning on the NPR program "The Takeaway" they are featuring a reporter from the Washington Post spinning this as being the fault of the NRA and their attempts to block gun control laws.

I'm thoroughly disgusted.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh goodie...

And the drum beat begins. This morning on the NPR program "The Takeaway" they are featuring a reporter from the Washington Post spinning this as being the fault of the NRA and their attempts to block gun control laws.

I'm thoroughly disgusted.

Not surprising at all. It's a never ending battle my friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom