K-12 Parking Lot bill passes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There'll be some naysayers, but after a couple of years with no problems, it'll fade into obscurity like the VoTech bill.

THANK GOD! They FINALLY did something else right! I've been waiting! Now, just have to wait for November! W00T!!!!

OK2A

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome news. I wonder how well received this will be on public campuses? Doesn't matter now, I suppose.

Marshrat, we have had teacher after teacher tell us they want this but that they don't feel like they can publicly state that fact without facing reprisal from OEA and administrators.

OK2A

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At one time there was text to the effect that a school board could allow if they chose to I believe. But it's been years and I could be wrong.

That was a bill we ran this year - it mirrored our private school bill from last year. Died and quick death in the Senate. We'll try again next year.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marshrat, we have had teacher after teacher tell us they want this but that they don't feel like they can publicly state that fact without facing reprisal from OEA and administrators.

Join AFT and say screw you OEA.
Enough membership move over this and I'd bet they changed thier tune.
Besides the AFL-CIO lawyers AFT use are far better should you ever need one.

rusty-c

Marksman
Reaction score
Awesome news. I wonder how well received this will be on public campuses? Doesn't matter now, I suppose.

As a teacher I absolutely love it! No more will I have to be at increased vulnerability when traveling to and from work or when I'm on errands after the day ends. November first will be a day I celebrate.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to sound ungrateful, but why November instead of August?

Either way it is about time.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Normal procedure is non-emergency bills all take effect the following November First after the bill passes and is signed. Been that way in Oklahoma a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom