K-12 Parking Lot bill passes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a very good reason why the law does not go into effect until November 1. It is probably the time that takes a mule leaving the capitol to reach the farthest county in the state or some such. I'm told that the county seats were located one day's mule travel apart.

In other words it won't go into effect until November 1st because "That's the way we've always done it."

So when the mule reaches your county be sure to have a celebration. lol

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a very good reason why the law does not go into effect until November 1. It is probably the time that takes a mule leaving the capitol to reach the farthest county in the state or some such. I'm told that the county seats were located one day's mule travel apart.

In other words it won't go into effect until November 1st because "That's the way we've always done it."

Every Oklahoman would be within a one day ride to county seat.
If we celebrate every time an ass arrives from the Capitol we'd be drunk all the time. :)

rusty-c

Marksman
Reaction score
Until they change the effective date for new laws an emergency clause has to be attached. No emergency clause so we celebrate November 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since school starts in August, they should have had the sense to add an emergency clause. Still happy they passed it, the delay just seems a bit silly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its in the constitution that way. Let's follow that document and quit bitching...mmmkay?

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Calling something a little silly is bitching? I think your assessment is a little silly...

marshrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marshrat, we have had teacher after teacher tell us they want this but that they don't feel like they can publicly state that fact without facing reprisal from OEA

I believe it. Luckily I feel that our administration is on our side. During the whole teacher carry proposal, the exchange seemed positive, though it would have been left up to the board to allow it.

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm am so glad this passed. Two children with epilepsy.....I'm at the school a lot. No more trips home first. Woot!!!!!

This signature is illegal in California

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think they realized it was coming. We sneaked it into a bill in conference committee.

They know about it now, today is the big state meeting for school officials to get updates on all the laws that affect them, my boss just texted me to inform that beginning 11/1 I can park in my united way spot I pay for every year and secure my firearm in my vehicle.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to sound ungrateful, but why November instead of August?

Either way it is about time.

Not everyone has time to to follow or find every bill that pertains to them and track it. Today school administrators are getting updated by the state on all the legal changes that will be occurring on 11/1. Often times there are business practices and policies that have to be changed and rewritten. I promise my school district is going to have to make a huge overhaul of the employee manual. It also allows for time to challenge the legality of new laws that may not be deemed constitutional.

Since school starts in August, they should have had the sense to add an emergency clause. Still happy they passed it, the delay just seems a bit silly.

I work year round, I'll just have to content myself with waiting. It's gonna feel weird being able to park in my spot.

Now I have a serious question, since I ride a motorcycle with locking hard bags am I in violation of the law if I get off the bike to open my bag and slip my pistol in and lock it up on school property? My truck is one thing I can disarm without setting foot in the parking lot, but to disarm when I ride I have to get off the bike to open the bag and slip my pistol into it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom