K98k's on the cheap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool, but 8mm ammo is no longer that cheap. Another round like the .303 that should have been surplused in huge qty, though I ain't shoot either one for that many rounds, lol. but it has tripled in 15years.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they're gone. I'll bet ALL the waffenampts weren't scrubbed, either.
Most of them I've seen/owned still have eagles under sight, on extractor, and often on the front sight base.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like they're gone. I'll bet ALL the waffenampts weren't scrubbed, either.
Most of them I've seen/owned still have eagles under sight, on extractor, and often on the front sight base.
Yea it's the big firing proof's that caught the brunt of it. Allen is getting a little P.T. Barnum there with the "kill notches". More like a dumb Romanian tried to slam the bolt back in with the bolt sleeve not tightened down all the way.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be spoiled, but those don't look all that hot to me for the price. They would make a nice restoration project, but with the proofs peened out it doesn't look right.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be spoiled, but those don't look all that hot to me for the price. They would make a nice restoration project, but with the proofs peened out it doesn't look right.

They look better than Yugo 98/48s because they still have the codes and original stocks. Hell the stocks would bring 200 on ebay. The bolts 150. I have to commend allan for not parting them out. These rifles have a neat history and dont need any restoration. Save the cold blue and sandpaper for the old monkey wards 22s and shotguns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom