Kafe Bona Robbery - What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you have responded?

• Total voters

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll, I've been in that store a few times and I watched both angles on the security camera. All I can say is that was a crappy situation to be in. These guys quickly took control of the store and I'm surprised nobody got shot considering all the aggressive movements they were making with fingers on the trigger. I'm not sure what I would have done if I was the guy that first had the gun pulled on. I think he would have had no chance at resistance with a reasonably good outcome. If I was near the front entrance, I would had time to react but no clear backstop and a gunfight would have probably injured more than me and the 2 BG's.

I am really disappointed with that store's decision to have an open backdoor. Every time I have seen people use it I've thought "someone is going to rob this place, and come in through that door to do it." Kafe Bona made themselves a target by providing an entrance that faces away from a street and that allows people to sneak up on customers and employees. This situation could have been a lot worse and thank goodness no one was injured. I thought it was common sense to have one entrance and multiple exits in a business. I guess I was wrong.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be ever vigilant. Be aware of your surroundings. Be prepared at all times. .

.THIS
As was said there are too many variables to SAY what I would,
I think there is also a part of the SDA that says something to the effect that you can Stop a felony being commited.
That being said my first response to ...raise your handss..is to fill one of them.....OR Both

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I think of these scenarios, the number one thing I think of is the unknown firing background. It would be terrible to miss and shoot some poor person across the street because you decided to engage at 15 yards with your j frame.

j707h

Marksman
Reaction score
First off, seriously, who robs a coffee shop?
Second, being a natural predator, I would have been tucked away in a corner with good visibility and a wall to my back.. and two guys wearing hoodies in 100+ degree weather would have stood out right away. Plus I guarantee you their body language screamed trouble.
So being there were only the two of them, shouting obscenities, itching to shoot someone over the $74 in a shop's register, I would have showered them about torso with generous helpings of lead at what I gauged to be the most opportune moment. And likely anyone who was accompanying me would be ready and able to back me up.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, seriously, who robs a coffee shop?
Second, being a natural predator, I would have been tucked away in a corner with good visibility and a wall to my back.. and two guys wearing hoodies in 100+ degree weather would have stood out right away. Plus I guarantee you their body language screamed trouble.
So being there were only the two of them, shouting obscenities, itching to shoot someone over the $74 in a shop's register, I would have showered them about torso with generous helpings of lead at what I gauged to be the most opportune moment. And likely anyone who was accompanying me would be ready and able to back me up.

A wolf is a natural predator. You're some guy from the internet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom