Kahr cw380 or Taurus TCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Kahr. It took about 150 rds. of break in shooting to get it to be reliable. It runs like a top now. Mine cycles flat points ,hollow points and FMJ's. The accuracy is unreal. I have owned or own Sphinx, Sigs, Beretta, KelTec , Colt, and NAA .380 and I would take the Kahr over them. For the size, light weight, accuracy ,and dependability , I favor the Kahr. If the new Glock had been smaller with a 10 rd. double stack mag, I'd buy one and try it.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a Kahr P380 which I occasionally get to shoot. It's a decent little pistol...only issue I have with it is keeping my thumb tucked down so it doesn't hit the slide-stop during recoil and lock the slide open.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Kahr CW9 or CW40 are great options. I haven't had and experience with the TCP. Now the Taurus 709 Slim doesn't seem that bad of a gun though, I've though about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now the Taurus 709 Slim doesn't seem that bad of a gun though, I've though about it.

My wife fondled a few and chose the Taurus... so I bought one used from Tommy at SSP and had it shipped to Tulsa. It has never worked right. Tons of FTEs and such. I think it's a bad extractor, I'm waiting to ship it off to Taurus for repair - along with a revolver.

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12021740346_98b353a6b3_c.jpg

12021245344_6e0c9866b3_c.jpg

Great little pistol. Easy to conceal and pleasant to shoot. Not to mention the build quality is worlds better than a lcp (if that matters to you). I did upgrade the slide stop to a P series machined one, stippled the front and rear, and bought a stainless guiderod just for the heck of it.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am usually not a fan on the Taurus poly pistols but I must say I bought a TCP at SSP for CHEAP as a pocket gun. I have fired about 250 rounds out of it with 1 FTF with a hollow point with a large opening. Everything else has fed, fired and ejected perfectly. Maybe I was lucky but for the $ it has been a home run. With that said I LOVE every Kahr I have ever had and could not ever blame someone for making that purchase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom