Kahr P380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have one or has used one? They are a very hot selling Micro-Sized CCW gun. Gun show in Tulsa didn't have any last week., only the Micro-Eagle, Ruger LCS, Sig P238, and the Kel-Tecs.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were going to spend that much on a pocket gun I'd personally go with the PM9. Only a little bigger, more economical to practice with, and the same great company.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's one of the higher end 380's on the market. I was strongly considering it but then I found the new Taurus. Honestly the Kahr felt better... but I just couldn't stomach paying an extra $250 bucks for a gun that was going to be for pocket carry.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My range report is in the second link listed in the above post by "Go Ordnance". I've seen posts about P380's that people state there is little difference between the PM9 and P380. I completely recognize everyone is entitled to opinions. I just don't agree, once you start using these two pistols. I own both the PM9 and the P380. On paper they seem very similar. When you start to pocket carry them, they seem quite different. I'm very pleased to own them both and have no plans what so ever to get rid of either one. The sum of all the diffences add up, for me, to be different guns for different purposes. On paper there is not much difference between a PM9 and a Glock 26. But when you start using them, the differences add up to two different guns. I have a G27 also that I'll never sell because it really, in my opinion, doesn't take the place of the PM9 or the P380. The gun stores around OKC don't seem to mind you briefly sliding one of their guns into your pocket. Wear a regular or somewhat lose pair of jeans/cargo pants (not the giant clown pants) and just try them out. You may agree with me; you may feel I'm full of it. Either way you'll know for yourself.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So.... what are the differences between the two then? I believe you, just curious what your specific observations are.

B

My range report is in the second link listed in the above post by "Go Ordnance". I've seen posts about P380's that people state there is little difference between the PM9 and P380. I completely recognize everyone is entitled to opinions. I just don't agree, once you start using these two pistols. I own both the PM9 and the P380. On paper they seem very similar. When you start to pocket carry them, they seem quite different. I'm very pleased to own them both and have no plans what so ever to get rid of either one. The sum of all the diffences add up, for me, to be different guns for different purposes. On paper there is not much difference between a PM9 and a Glock 26. But when you start using them, the differences add up to two different guns. I have a G27 also that I'll never sell because it really, in my opinion, doesn't take the place of the PM9 or the P380. The gun stores around OKC don't seem to mind you briefly sliding one of their guns into your pocket. Wear a regular or somewhat lose pair of jeans/cargo pants (not the giant clown pants) and just try them out. You may agree with me; you may feel I'm full of it. Either way you'll know for yourself.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So.... what are the differences between the two then? I believe you, just curious what your specific observations are.

B

Like Hawgman, I also have both. They're both Kahrs, so they are essentially the same in fit, finish and use. The PM9 is 1/2 to 3/4 inch larger in any given measurement. It's heavier. That little extra here and there means you can shoot a 147g JHP instead of a 90g JHP out of the P380. That little extra also means it probably isn't ideal for pocket carry (unless you have the waistline that gets you larger pockets) and better suited for IWB.

It's a tradeoff, but you should check them both out and see what you think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom