Kahr P40 ejecting mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickett235

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I shoot the mag drops out. The first time I thought I was hitting the mag release with my thumb. After that i made sure the mag release was not touched. I bought the gun used and it is my first Kahr. Is this a recurring problem with this pistol?

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you call Kahr, they'll probably send you a new mag release for free, which will more likely than not solve the problem.

I know the CW's had this problem, due to a plastic mag release. They were upgraded to metal. Don't know if they used plastic with the P series, but you could check yours using a magnet.

I doubt it's your issue, but the PM45's have problems dropping mags, and is reportedly due to frame flex.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my new Kahr CW45. It would eject the mag with one round left in it. Extremely frustrating.

I contacted Kahr and they sent me a mag release piece. I took it to Sports World, where I purchased it, and their gunsmith replaced the piece at no charge while I waited. Took about 10 minutes.

I took it to the range a month ago and problem fixed. Sweet!

Latest posts

Top Bottom