Kahr P9 vs K9 vs CW9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK I've narrowed it down to this. Which is better polymer or metal, match barrel or standard etc etc. The CW9 is very affordable but money is not a concern, reliability and performance are.

Discuss.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
k9 nice but too heavy, p9 is lighter but still very shootable, cw9 cheap and the same functionally as the P9, other than cheap sights.

decision= buy the cw9 and have ahem, ...someone install good tritium sights on the cw9.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The front sight on the cw's I've seen are a cheap staked type and there's no slot cut to install any other sight like NS. Otherwise I like it as good as the P series. I like the light weight of the P over the K. I actually like the front taper of the slide on the cw best.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you plan on getting night sights (either form factory or aftermarket) get the P9. If that is of no concern than you may as well save $200 and go with the CW9. We love my wife's CW.

Having said that the next carry gun I get will be the Kahr K40. Those little guns are sexy.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The front sight on the cw's I've seen are a cheap staked type and there's no slot cut to install any other sight like NS. Otherwise I like it as good as the P series. I like the light weight of the P over the K. I actually like the front taper of the slide on the cw best.

If you buy a CW9 and add the cost of a front dovetail cut and some night sights, youll have enough left over to buy a few boxes of ammo and still be cheaper than a P9.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the P9 more accurate and reliable than the CW9? Looked like the P9 had some more material taken off the slide and also had better rifling and chamber.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the P9 more accurate and reliable than the CW9? Looked like the P9 had some more material taken off the slide and also had better rifling and chamber.

The P9 has polygonal rifling, like HK and Glocks do. The effect of that on close-quarters shooting is negligible. The front sight is pinned in, not dovetailed. The slide release levers and engravings on the slide are a bit different, as well as a slight difference in slide shape, but I highly doubt that there's a difference in reliability between the P9 and CW9.

Latest posts

Top Bottom