kid finds gem. what have you found lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
heres some pics. i put a 30-06 round by it for size comparison.

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_IMG_2429_zps5087872f.jpg

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_IMG_2438_zps198cc21e.jpg

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_IMG_2433_zps177f9bb9.jpg

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_IMG_2432_zps3bf4e39a.jpg

Wonderful artifact! That's a shaft smoother. They were heated and utilized to smooth and straighten shafts - often used in pairs. The smaller lines are solely for decoration. Where did you find it? Although they do occur in Oklahoma, they are pretty rare here. These are commonly found out west, most examples made from jadeite or steatite. Yours looks an awful lot like steatite.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
found it in caddo county east of the slick hills. i took it to cameron when i was still in college and it seems like one of the professors also said it had something to do with arrow shafts. that was years ago, so its hard to remember exactly.

Muskrat

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought two storage units last Saturday at an auction. One I paid $5.00 for and yesterday while going through some bags found a velvet pouch. Open it up and there was 3 gold rings and 3 silver rings. Two of the gold rings have diamonds that tested as real. One has 32 small stones and the other has 4. The one with four has one that is pink in color. Getting them checked today for value. Don't think they are worth a lot but surely more than $5.00 we spent.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought two storage units last Saturday at an auction. One I paid $5.00 for and yesterday while going through some bags found a velvet pouch. Open it up and there was 3 gold rings and 3 silver rings. Two of the gold rings have diamonds that tested as real. One has 32 small stones and the other has 4. The one with four has one that is pink in color. Getting them checked today for value. Don't think they are worth a lot but surely more than $5.00 we spent.

Nice find!

Latest posts

Top Bottom