What was/is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never eaten Grape Nuts.

I remember, back in the day, I worked as a sacker/stockman at our local grocery store. This was back when we used to use a pricing gun and put price stickers on everything. We (me and the other guys who worked there) would always put the price sticker over the "GR" so the front of the box said "Ape Nuts."

Ah, the sophomoric humor of teenage boys. :rollingla

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember try to find the toy in the bottom of the cereal box. My brothers are I would open the cereal box and pull the bag out. Are mom would got so mad at us for that. Are mom started buying bag cereal. We couldn’t taste the difference.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a kid I was an absolute cereal killer. Had it everyday. Mostlymy parents would only buy the "healty" stuff. So it was Wheaties, Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, Cheerios, Etc. I really like pouring a bowl of the Grape Nuts with raisens and putting just enough milk in it so the cereal soaked up most of the milk then I would put two heaping table spoonfuls of brown sugar on top. Would not mix it in. Then eat is with a spoon full of grapenuts and a thick layer of brown sugar on top.

These days I can have a bowl of cereal but with very limited milk as I'm fairly lactose intolerant. When I do I love Golden Grahams.
Gotta love my Golden Grahams too.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For now I like the bag Raisin bran or special k with red berries. But since I'm sporting a new set of plastic teefth , complete with sore gums, it's creamy oatmeal.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We normally had eggs and toast, except Saturdays. Cereals were Shredded Wheat, Rice Krispies, Wheaties, Total or Cheerios. Some, if on sale or had coupon, Froot Loops, Capt Crunch, Super Sugar Crisp (name change in 70s), Frosted Mini-Wheats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Life, Frosted Flakes. Most of the 'kid' cereals, I didn't like; Lucky Charms, Kix, Trix, Count Chocula, Fruity Pebbles.

Had Special K and Gravel Nuts, ONCE. Never again.

Winter time, Malt-O-Meal, my favorite, oatmeal, Cream of Wheat or white rice was an occasional breakfast. Grits are for goats, we was poor, but NOT THAT poor.

I read every box. Told Mom, one morning, "this box says 12 servings, I don't get but 3. Papa laughed, "boy, I didn't feed mules that much oats and they plowed all day."

Working shift, I ate a bowl of cereal before going to bed, when working nights. Haven't had any cold cereal in 4 years. Bacon, eggs with toast, biscuits (gravy (Saturdays) or not) or pancakes (Sundays) every morning, occasionally a donut.

Drove a truckload to LA, stopped at border and surly attitude jackwad was looking at paperwork. Had some muttered comments about my OK DL. Looks at Bill of Lading, says, "26,000 pounds of Cheerios, seriously?"

I responded, "Yeah, going into Kommiefornia, you would think it would be Fruity Pebbles."

He throws paperwork into cab and says, "Get the H*** out of here."

Latest posts

Top Bottom