Kids Now A Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it worked out ok. I left the camera up after I redid the fence post, and the kid didn't touch it again. Weeks the mother caught my wife out in the yard and gave her a plant and apologized for the kid again. My wife said the mother was pretty sincere about it.

You had me convinced he would be tried in adult court and be sent straight to Granite.

I’m happy it didn’t come to that.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a perfect child growing up in as much as l never got caught doing kid stuff like borrowing peaches watermelons and such. No property damage or any down right meanness because my parents would have beat the hide off of my butt.......... in the late 40's, 50's and early 60's were different times than today and no bullish!t was tolerated

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older I get, the deeper I think! I was thinking about how the GREATEST Generation, kids that were forced to grow up during the great depression, were for the most part honorable, decent, hard working, self reliant, tough, resilient people! All the very qualities they would need to fight, and win WW2, and save the world from unspeakable tyranny! I know Americans didn't do that alone, but we did lead the effort in Europe, as well as the Pacific! I stumbled upon a little know fact lately, the U.S. PRODUCED OVER TWICE AS MUCH WAR MATERIAL, OF EVERY TYPE, AS ALL THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS, ON ALL SIDES COMBINED! IS THAT AMAZING, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING WHERE WE STARTED? If I were going to prepare a generation to fight and win a global war, that all of man kind's future depended on, and that was exactly what WW2 was, in my opinion, i WOULD WANT THEM TO HAVE THE VERY ATTITUDE, AND SKILL SETS, THEY LEARNED GROWING UP IN THE GREAT DEPRESSION! IS THAT AMAMZING OR WHAT? We are so affluent now, even our poor people are spoiled brats!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way we could win a major war today is brow beat them to death with the pronouns of today.
I think, HOPE, the younger generation would rise to the occasion once they realize what is at stake! The PUNKS, SPOILED BRATS make the most noise, and get all the news coverage, but I believe the vast majority of young Americans, are HONORABLE PEOPLE trying to survive in a very HOSTEL ENVIRONMENT, with incredible pressures pounding them, 24/7/365, that I'm not sure I could have survived, at that age!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only difference between kids today and in my day... is I've changed and grown up. Kids are still freaking kids.

I noticed a high school kid that lived down the street when I was in first or 2nd grade, would swerve to hit bags, boxes, etc while speeding down the street in his mustang. I put bricks in a paper bag... I still think it's funny almost 40 years later. I never have swerved to try and hit something in the road yet.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only difference between kids today and in my day... is I've changed and grown up. Kids are still freaking kids.

I noticed a high school kid that lived down the street when I was in first or 2nd grade, would swerve to hit bags, boxes, etc while speeding down the street in his mustang. I put bricks in a paper bag... I still think it's funny almost 40 years later. I never have swerved to try and hit something in the road yet.
There was a girl when I was in high school that used her car to identify a strange object in the road one evening. Turns out it was a toilet in a box and she didnt think to question hitting a box not moving with a decent crosswind. Cost her a front bumper, grill, and radiator to find out what the box was haha.

You are definitely right on the kids always being kids. I would imagine I would be equally annoyed by the crap I did as a kid if I saw it now. It all made sense when we did it, but somehow it makes no sense at all to watch someone else do it. We are very specific with identifying being in trouble versus coaching moments with the kids. I remember feeling like I was in trouble ALL THE FREAKING TIME for about 2-3 years. Hopefully our kids don't feel that way after we explain that most of our corrections are purely because they will need to know better to be a worthwhile adult. I also hope that it doesn't make them numb to the moments where they actually are in trouble so they can appreciate the seriousness when those moments come up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom