Kids Now A Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made some "errors' as a teenager myself due to no parental guidance but I won't blame it necessarily on that, I was stoopid and mischievous and grew out of it quickly within a few years. But the kids nowadays have no concept or qualms about doing harm top someone or being destructive and they stand face to face with an adult and insult them. Yes, the government should have remained out of child-rearing because they make the worst parents!
I think a lot of kids are not brought up to appreciate the time, energy, and sacrifice that goes into the things around them. Either theyre in a house where the government provides and there is no time, energy, or sacrifice in the things around them or they are from a household where minimal time, energy, or sacrifice is put into them to show them.

When you don't see people's sweat in the things they own, there is no reason to have any respect for it. It takes a lot of effort and conscious decision making to ride the line between the kids having it better than we did growing up and not losing the drive doing without instilled in me and their mom. I have no idea if we are doing a good job or not, but we are working at it. I guess we will know for sure in the next 10-20 years then they reach adulthood and take the helm on their path.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep! I had a bunch of kids come on one of my wheat fields once to have a party. Pretty secluded with their location below a hill so it couldn't be seen from the road. (pics posted and story told a couple years ago on OSA) They destroyed about three acres of near ripe wheat with their dirt bikes and atv's.
After the Sheriff, OHP showed up and rounded up all the kids, parents were called to come collect their kids.
Several of the parents approached me saying their kids would be available for some summer work to pay off their part of the damages they caused. A couple of the parents tried to defend their kids actions that wasn't cool with me or the OHP officer. He read them the riot act for 10 minutes with a speech I would have given a hundred bucks to record.
He dressed them down like a drill sergeant on day one of boot camp. They didn't pay their share either, so it was a good dressing down, but had no effect.
Some folks you just cant fix, I have seen some of the kids turn out okay with a little guidance from an adult with structure.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sux, but, what, exactly, pray tell, are you going to say to the law when they finally get there? Their kid kicked my fence post?

Neighbors suk. Some neighbors suk a bunch. I doubt the law will even show up. Better addressed with the parents. If the kid continues to tear stuff up and it turns malicious, you can prolly get him for vandalism, and make them pay you a little money, but that’s all that will come of it. After all that, you’ll have next door neighbors you don’t speak to. Been there done that. You still lose.
I have the kid videoed doing it . I think a cop can understand the damage done when a fence post that a gate hangs on is out of plumb. I won't loose because I don't care if the neighbors speak to me or not. The law will show up if a call. I'm a volunteer with them and train with them. I even built them a Texas Star steel target for their range.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the kid videoed doing it . I think a cop can understand the damage done when a fence post that a gate hangs on is out of plumb. I won't loose because I don't care if the neighbors speak to me or not. The law will show up if a call. I'm a volunteer with them and train with them. I even built them a Texas Star steel target for their range.

Let us know how it works out.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, Just another Saturday night in Midwest City and the kids in the apartment above mine are running, thumping things, and screaming like their lives depended on it. Nothing new that their parents are [probably] out somewhere partying. After all, it's Saturday night.

Then, what sounds like gunshots. Two of them, fairly close together. One deliberate, then a second one a split second later that may have been a 'flinch' reaction to the first. Got real quiet upstairs then for the rest of the night.

I got up from my home-office chair and strolled around my entire apartment looking for bullet holes in the ceilings. I didn't find any but I wonder now if their ceiling will start dripping the next time it rains? Ah, Just another Saturday night in Midwest City.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us know how it works out.
I guess it worked out ok. I left the camera up after I redid the fence post, and the kid didn't touch it again. Weeks the mother caught my wife out in the yard and gave her a plant and apologized for the kid again. My wife said the mother was pretty sincere about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom