Kimber 1911 Rimfire Target Conversion Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up one of these jewels for my SR1911 this morning at Sports World, and just finished blowing through about 500 rounds of Mini-Mag and M22 gold. It's been less than a day, but I'm already starting to think that this is the best "investment" I've made in a long time--at least when it comes to my firearms portfolio.

The unit is self-contained, so installation/disassembly is quick and easy. Initially I had a small assembly issue in that my takedown pin wouldn't clear the small notch on the slide. After some light filing on the slide to get the pin inserted properly, I noticed that the slide was dragging on the frame a bit. Hand cycling several times seemed to help but not completely smooth it out. I decided to try some MiniMags and go from there.

Once on the range, I set up a paper target and stepped off 7 paces. To my surprise, the first 10 rounds cycled flawlessly. POI was consistently low and left, so a small adjustment to the target sights quickly put me on the bullseye. After that, it was a couple hours of awesome. Out of the 500 rounds, I had 1 round fail to cycle properly, and I may have been letting my thumb ride the slide on that one. I was practicing drawing/firing from my thigh rig, and cycled the safety so many times that I just about wore a blister on the top of my thumb. Good times!

Overall, I can't say enough good things about this conversion kit. My only gripe is that the slide doesn't hold open after the last round. However, I've read that the GSG magazines will fix that...anybody here know if this is true?

Anyways, I highly recommend this kit if you have a 1911. Now if I can just find that Kadet kit for my CZ-75 BD...

SMF223

Marksman
Reaction score
I also have the Kimber 1911 rimfire conversion. It works great as long as you keep your thumb of it. I have put several thousand rounds threw mine and still going strong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom