Kimber quality ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Mama and I went out for ice cream yesterday afternoon and she's been hinting around that she'd like another pair of sneakers (I swear sometimes I think I'm married to Imelda Marcos :) ) and the DSW shoe store just happened to be right next door to Academy so naturally I had to go in and check out those Kimbers again after we purchased her another pair of sneakers........both guns are series 2 with the Swartz safety.

I guess she saw me drooling and the kid in a candy store look on my face and she told me to go ahead and buy one if I wanted to........I passed for now but Gawd I Love That Woman !

take any opportunity you get to buy a firearm. One of these days she will say no. Lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber definitely seems to get lots of hate online. The only direct experience I've had was owning an Ultra CDP II. It was flawless and a joy to shoot. I wish I had that one back.
I’ve had 3 or 4 Ultra CDP’s that I have sold or traded off for whatever my d*mbass thought I needed at the time, but I would buy another one today given the right deal. I’ve actually been looking for one, but prices around here are in the $1100-1500 range. They’re good guns, but in my opinion, they ain’t worth that.:hellno:

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a lady friend that bought a Kimber Solo when they first came out and had a lot trouble with it feeding, it was super finicky about ammo. Think she finally found something it would shoot but she wouldn't carry it because it wasn't reliable enough for her. I think she sent it back once or twice.

DTA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my 2 cents. I currently carry a Kimber 1911 for my EDC. It is my 3rd Kimber, and I'm not sure how many total 1911's. I have a Kimber in 5", 4", and 3.5. I love them all. Prior to my Kimber, I carried an S&W Shield for a number of years, and then going back before that I carried a Glock 19. I will admit the Kimber does have some weight but especially with rapid-fire and 45 it is kind of nice. I have been considering switching to a Glock 43X for summertime to have something a bit lighter but that means I will need to buy another Glock 43X. I currently have one but I tricked it out and I don't like having much if anything modified on my carry gun. You never know how an attorney or judge can twist modifications to make you look "trigger happy."

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mama and I went out for ice cream yesterday afternoon and she's been hinting around that she'd like another pair of sneakers (I swear sometimes I think I'm married to Imelda Marcos :) ) and the DSW shoe store just happened to be right next door to Academy so naturally I had to go in and check out those Kimbers again after we purchased her another pair of sneakers........both guns are series 2 with the Swartz safety.

I guess she saw me drooling and the kid in a candy store look on my face and she told me to go ahead and buy one if I wanted to........I passed for now but Gawd I Love That Woman !
My lovely better half is almost the car nut I am, and almost the gun nut I am. That said, I have to be careful what she sees me looking at, because she will prod me to buy it. Maybe she has actually passed me in the gun nut category! I’m in downsizing mode now, turning loose some things that have not been enjoyed for some time, but it will take a very cold day in D.C. to separate me from my Kimbers!

Attachments

• 128B8F9C-1396-46C0-B959-7E1349CE4321.jpeg
    128B8F9C-1396-46C0-B959-7E1349CE4321.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 46

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned a Kimber Pro carry II and a CDP II at one point. Both were trash. Neither was reliable no matter what amount of maintenance or lube I used.

Save up some more cash and buy a Stacatto. It will at least work.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned probably 15 or so Kimbers ranging from the Micro 380 to Raptors, Master Carry, Rapides and my favorite right now is my Eclipse 10mm. I can shoot 3" groups at 50 yards with it. I have never had a problem with any of them. I can't say that about my Colts. Yes, Kimber had a quality issue at the beginning of their second generation that people just won't let go. Kind of like the kid that peed his pants in small town mfirst grade and was remembered for it in senior year book. And yes, the Solo line was inherently problematic with reliability issues, but I believe most major manufacturers have a problem child or two. Overall, I believe Kimber to make a quality product at a competitive price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom