Kimber quality ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a couple new 5" stainless Kimber 1911's yesterday that darn near made me grab my wallet........don't recall the model numbers but one was all stainless and one was two toned with a stainless frame and a blued slide, the best I can remember one was in the mid 7's and the other was in the mid 8's.

Anyway, I've always shied away from Kimber because I've read a lot of bad reviews on them in the past........did they ever get their act together ?

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber has had a bad reputation in the past, but in my opinion, it’s been way overblown. I’ve owned a few, and every single one of mine has been flawless. While I do think there are better production 1911’s on the market, any Kimber under $900 is something to seriously consider. I see a lot of folks trying to get $1000-1500 for them, but there are definitely better options in that price range.

I’ll say it like this. I own several semi customs and a couple full customs, and I would buy another Kimber if the right deal presented itself.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No Swartz safety for me so I've not really considered owning a Kimber 1911.
However, I have one of their revolvers and it's excellent.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never owned one. My son bought one used and had a broken extractor. Kinda soured me, they are pretty.

Last edited:

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first is a Gold Match, early production 70 series (I guess you’d call it), and next a CDP compact-both 45acp. My latest is an Eclipse II in 10mm, with the “dreaded” safety. I have had no problems with it, can’t say that I even feel it in the trigger. Gorgeous guns, but I know I’m biased.......😉

Latest posts

Top Bottom