kimber ultra carry II ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i may have a chance at a kimber ultra carry II for a decent price. i don't know much about 1911 style pistols. are they a good gun? is there anything i need to look out for on this model? i'm not sure how old it is. i'm going home to look at it tomorrow. any input is appreciated. thanks, jon

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two 3" kimbers & a 3" colt defender, all of them had ftf & fte problems, One of the kimbers after about 700 rounds and polishing the ramp did seem to get better and would fte about every 60-70 rounds. I gave up and went to 4" and fullsize .45's

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two 3" kimbers & a 3" colt defender, all of them had ftf & fte problems, One of the kimbers after about 700 rounds and polishing the ramp did seem to get better and would fte about every 60-70 rounds. I gave up and went to 4" and fullsize .45's

thanks for the response. i appreciate it. i've read on other boards that sometimes switching from the factory mags can help, but idk. i'm gonna give it a look tomorrow. thanks again, jon

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Ultra Carry II last year from OPS; when I took the firearm out for the first time; I shot two magazine everything was great; I shot the third magazine; I didn't put a hole on the target, it seemed the front sight had slid out the dovetail, It was hanging out the right hand side of the slide. Called Kimber; sent the firearm to them; they installed a new front sight; Works as advertised; haven't had any trouble since -- There has been alot of discussion on this board about what magazine you should use; I have both Kimber factory and Wilson Combat magazines, I prefer the Wilson; but no one had any locally when I bought the gun -- So I bought 2 Kimber mags; They both seemed to work fine; but its very hard to beat Wilson's reputation!

If you can, try to get an opportunity to shoot the gun before you buy it; This might give you a much better feel about your purchase -- safe queen vs carry gun; Training, Patients & Practice; Good Luck!

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had mine for about 3 years now. The first time I took it to the range I had a couple of FTE's with the factory mag. Since then I've ran several hundred rounds through it flawlessly using only Kimber mags. Never tried the Wilson mags, but I've heard good things about them as well. If you have a chance to pick one up at a good price jump on it.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the guy that has it will let me shoot it, so i'll have that going for me. i'll let you guys know. i appreciate your time. thanks, jon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom