Knives made from G10 or other synthetic material

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking of places like concerts or sporting events where metal detectors are there, but there's no reason that I can't carry a legal-sized OK SDA defined fixed-blade knife. I've been shaken down in CA before when I lived there and told that my knife looked too evil (it was a hooked-blade utility knife I used for cable-cutting and subsequently had on-hand as a utility knife/pocket knife). It was well under the CA limit for folding pocket knives at the time, but I had to go return it to the car.

Another place would be Six Flags in TX - metal detectors, but per TX law, fixed blade knives under a specific size are allowed (they most likely wouldn't say anything about a folding knife, but if you walked in there with a fixed-blade, you're subject to private security's version of what the rules are at the time).

I hate dis-arming, and often times, a fixed-blade knife would be well under-powered compared to something like a stun-gun, tazer, or pepper spray, but all those things are in metal containers and would set off a metal-detector (and could easily be rejected depending on the private security person at the time who may or may not know the rules/laws).

Just seems like it would be less of a hassle, but I'm not married to the idea - just looking for feedback (and I appreciate the feedback from someone who works around serious government security GTG, but I'm not looking to get this into an airport or past a federal security checkpoint at all - no way that's worth the risk - just looking at places that are legally allowed, but subject to creative "interpretation" by someone who can keep me out, but may not know the law).

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a program about Kyocera ceramic kitchen knives and how they are made. Kyocera mixes steel into the ceramic material they use. It was specifically done so that the knives would set off metal detectors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom