Mrs. GED made me a hank...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We buy the Made in USA Hava-Hank brand at a flea market. Got a pretty good stack. Always keep a clean one in my left chest pocket of a M65 jacket.

Started wearing carpented jeans this year and carry a clean one in the right side leg pocket.

I carry them for emergency only. I prefer tissues, napkins or toilet paper for my nose. I perfer to wash my hands after blowing my nose too, and wish everyone did the same!!! And, dont be lazy, get up from the dinner table and go to the bathroom to blow your nose!

About 6 years ago, I was doing some work out back, hurt my hand, remembered the Hava-hank in my chest pocket and used it to stop up the blood, and keep my wounds covered until I made it up to the house to do a more proper wound care.

Happy New Year!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a stack of those. They measure about 16-18 inches square and you gotta fold em about 7 or 8 times to get it small enough to fit in your pocket.

These measure about 7.5-8 inches and carry easily after just two folds.

I must be "snottier" than you.

However, I think mine fold up in about 4 folds. I'll have to go check that.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's WAY cool! I like her hankie and think she did a wonderful job on it.

If she will sew the two pieces together with the stretchier fabric on the top and pull slightly while she is sewing SLOWLY, she will be able to avoid those "bumps" where the fabric bunches up on itself. Once I figured that out the cussing around here went down drastically. 🤔🤗😁

Also a medium grey thread blends into other colors better than any others on the color spectrum. I know sometimes you want stitching to show up, but sometimes you don't want it to distract from the fabric pattern. I learned that in "quilting school". 😎 Has she thought of making a 4-patch ... Or HSTs for the "front" side?? I think that would be cute ...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's WAY cool! I like her hankie and think she did a wonderful job on it.

If she will sew the two pieces together with the stretchier fabric on the top and pull slightly while she is sewing SLOWLY, she will be able to avoid those "bumps" where the fabric bunches up on itself. Once I figured that out the cussing around here went down drastically. 🤔🤗😁

Also a medium grey thread blends into other colors better than any others on the color spectrum. I know sometimes you want stitching to show up, but sometimes you don't want it to distract from the fabric pattern. I learned that in "quilting school". 😎 Has she thought of making a 4-patch ... Or HSTs for the "front" side?? I think that would be cute ...

Thanks for the tips, baby. I'll let her know. :kiss:

Latest posts

Top Bottom