Korth Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, Korth is garbage. I'm more of a Janz Revolver guy myself.

https://cabotguns.com/janz-revolvers/

But honestly, yes. Get it. I have heard that they're the second best revolver in the world that you can buy. I only have four revolvers left on my list to buy, and that's a J bird, a Manurhin, a Korth, and a Janz. I'll likely stop at the Manurhin though.
Based on the Janz I’d be getting a bargain for a Korth.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and I have very different opinions on what "fine looking" means.

That revolver is gaudy beyond words,,,
It may (and I stress may) have a super smooth action,,,
But there is no way I would ever spend that amount for that gun.

And, I can actually afford it.

I've fired three Korth revolvers in my life,,,
I have an off the shelf S&W 686 that performs just as well.

I just can't imagine the Korth shooting over 4-Grand worth of cash better.

Aarond

I had a 4 inch 686 and it had a great trigger an was accurate as hell. Have you ever fired the 686 Competitor?

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both are gone now but back in the day (80's and 90'S) I had a 6" S&W 686 and a blue 6" Python both were purchased new and never monkeyed with internally......I'll admit that the Python had a little better trigger but off bags with either factory ammo or my reloads the 686 was the more accurate of the two.

If I wanted one funds are available for the Korth but if I was in the market for another 6" .357 I'd take my time and look around for a really nice pre-lock 686 and have it slicked up if need be and I'd be a whole bunch of money ahead when it was all said and done.

Last edited:

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Korth and Manurhin (MR73) are the absolute Rolls Royce or Bentley level of revolvers.

Yes they are , I had a Korth and Later a Manuhrin in the early 1990's the Manurhin was a French Police CAI Import IIRC . Back in those days , I was too poor and too dumb to keep them though . In hindsight I should have kept them and sold other guns .

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the same gun or cost but I have an older 22 caliber Korth comparable in size to my S&W model 17. Slightly more accurate off a rest with premium ammo, but off-hand I can't see a difference. I'm used to S&Ws so the Korth never really became my favorite, but it is beautifully made and smoother than my model 17. I'd like to have a .357 Korth in a 4 inch barrel, but it isn't high on my priority list, too many other guns ahead of that line.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The accuracy of the Manuhrin was akin to shooting a rifle
Those fellas over at GIGN had/have a legitimate sniper version. I think I read somewhere that it was intended for usage on airplanes or something ridiculous.
2880px-GIGN41_Domenjod_310119.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom