Kroger employee shoots, kills would-be robber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he works for Kroger... he's union. He may get some time off... but I doubt he will loose a job.

I beat a few carry raps when I was a Job Steward in a different business. The company lawyers sorta looked deflated when I asked if they could guarentee out safety in public. 3 day off is a lot better than "out of a job"

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he works for Kroger... he's union. He may get some time off... but I doubt he will loose a job.

I beat a few carry raps when I was a Job Steward in a different business. The company lawyers sorta looked deflated when I asked if they could guarentee out safety in public. 3 day off is a lot better than "out of a job"

Jeff; if he's a member of Management then he would not be a union member anymore. Most retail companies require management to not be union members once they are promoted. i am not sure about Kroger though.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once was a bad guy that went to the store
Scare the people, make a big score
With a gun in her back, he said "open the door"
Now he is a bad guy, no more

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no bleeding heart by any means, but it is a little grim to celebrate the death of another human being. And sure, you can say "he wasn't a human being once he decided to rob the store", but in reality - everyone of us has done something stupid before and there are a lot of circumstances that can affect a situation.

I'm not siding with the would-be robber, or saying that the manager was wrong (at the end of the day, I probably would have done the same thing if faced with the same threat). But I wouldn't be celebrating it like some of the commenters are.

I hope the guy doesn't get fired, but I hope he's not acting like a lot of folks in the comment sections out there.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff; if he's a member of Management then he would not be a union member anymore. Most retail companies require management to not be union members once they are promoted. i am not sure about Kroger though.

Did not catch that in the story... and was being a little tounge in cheek anyway.

If you have ever been to Indianapolis... I dont think I'd wanna be the guy who fires any body for killing a felon in that situation. They make Texans look like ***** cats when in comes to that sorta thing.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did not catch that in the story... and was being a little tounge in cheek anyway.

If you have ever been to Indianapolis... I dont think I'd wanna be the guy who fires any body for killing a felon in that situation. They make Texans look like ***** cats when in comes to that sorta thing.
Thats good. I think people need to start backing people that do the right thing. Telling your people to comply and hope you don't get shot, does not work. If he is in a union, I hope they back him 100%. I hate to see anyone "bad or good" get shot, but when you rob a place in America, you are taking that chance.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure and read the comments after the article. Wow, some people have such a skewed definition of right vs. wrong. Basically, since the economy is bad, it is ok to rob stores. Bang my head on wall...

The vast majority of the comments did not say this...in fact, the vast majority supported the shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom