1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kyler Murray named finalist for Heisman Trophy

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Dancer4dLife, Dec 4, 2018 at 7:58 AM.

1. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This is a good explanation of why Kyler should win it. It's also just a clip in which Shannon Sharpe had all of his SEC homerness on full display.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1388304963971

If you want to see the full clip it's here:

2. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Kyler Murray is as good a college football player as I have ever seen. They need to just go ahead and give that Trophy to him. And that, gentlemen, is a fact. The kid can run, throw, read the field, make decisions, knows how to win, and as previously said, he has carried a heck of a load this season. I agree that without him, OU isn't anywhere as good as they are with him taking the snaps. But then , we haven''t seen much of Austin Kendall either. You know he's good, but I just can't imagine him being that good. He could probably start about anywhere else, but when you are going up against Kyler Murray...well, you are at a disadvantage from the start. Murray for Heisman! OU for the win! Boomer!

dlmcm and Dancer4dLife like this.
  3. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Best thought yet on this issue. The biggest problem with programs facing the Sooner offence is, what to prepare for. Mostly you have a couple of things you have to stop. This running back and maybe two running backs. This receiver or a combination of the two. With Murray you have it all to prep for. He does everything great. As a designated runner, passer with a cannon and can stay in the pocket or on the flush, and so on and so on. He's the complete player everyone wishes they had. Smart and may be the best at reading a defense.
    Yep he's the real deal. Not sure I've ever seen that complete of a package in a QB on any team. If he was taller he would be the number one draft pick in the NFL. As is, being a die hard sooner fan, I think he's making the right decision playing baseball. It's his life and he will be in the bigs soon. With that speed, arm and athletic ability (remember he's a great infielder and outfielder too beside pitcher), he'll have a long and lucrative career in MLB. That could come to an end with one hit.
    I appreciate what he as done for the Sooners. He has earned the right to do what's best for him and I'm proud of him considering the future.
    The NFL is a maybe. Doubt he would last as a running QB. Few last more than a couple of seasons. With his height, he will get swamped unless he can see through 6'6" lineman. Don't mention the short QB's that did, they were lucky or played a game that has changed. The MLB is a sure thing. He will do well.
    Thanks Murray. You did well

Shadowrider and Dancer4dLife like this.
  4. Dancer4dLife

Dancer4dLife Sharpshooter

Supporter
  5. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Agree 100%. The NFL is on a whole different level and he won't be near as dominate. If his skill, speed and agility were all wrapped in a Vince Young body I'd say different, but MLB is where I'd be going and I wouldn't bat an eye about it. And he'll likely make a lot more money there anyway.

dennishoddy and steelfingers like this.
  6. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Drew Brees is the exception that proves the rule, but as a "short" QB, he's still three inches taller than Murray--and even Brees has trouble with his lack of height at times.

Murray does have an advantage though--he's quick, he can throw on the run, and he's elusive, so he rarely takes direct hits.

ETA: OK, so that's three advantages....

dennishoddy likes this.
  7. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    BOOMER!!!!

dennishoddy and okierider like this.
  8. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm almost never wrong on things like this.

dennishoddy likes this.
  9. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Finalist no more, Kyler Murray is now officially the 2018 Heisman winner.

BOOMER!

dennishoddy likes this.
  10. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sooner!!

dennishoddy likes this.