L.I.River

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The water flow is a joke when they are not generating, anyhow they stocked a bunch of Brown trout. One place I fished 12 out of 17 fish I caught were browns. They were mainly 8" fish. A few a little bigger and some a little smaller. I hope they survive when it gets hotter.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm afraid many will not survive due to water tempature. I know that most of the rainbow trout that's stocked in Blue River were I fish die out even though Blue River is spring feed and stays pretty cold during the summer. A game warden told me that most of the trout die out during the summer months. I'll ask my neighbor his the Fish Bio. at the fish hatchery in Regan, OK. Blue River is a beautiful place with small water falls at just about every turn.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the concern about water flow and now the river is completely blown out. They are releasing water out of the flood gates now. A few years back this resulted in a lot of trout dying off due to the increased water temps but it had to be done. Water temps are around 57 right now so will the water go down enough before the water temps get too high? Only time will tell. Water relesed from the bottom of the dam is much colder and has been around 50 degrees. Water from the top of the lake is much warmer. What an epic last few days for rain. So far a year for major weather events.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom