Larry Vickers roasts AR-15.com!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is pretty much the reason I no longer own an AR15. I'm just a hobbyist. A plinker for the most part. And all these other AR15 hobbyists were typing away how this AR was junk and this one was the bomb, blah blah blah. I just didn't want to be a part of it anymore. And for what it's worth, I don't own a 1911 anymore either. People just get too many panties in a wad over those two firearms.

You just have to read past the hype.
I was the worlds most vocal person saying the AR platform was the biggest POS in the world. My experience came from a stint in in the military with the original design that jammed, was innaccurate, etc.

About three years ago, for whatever reason, decided to get another look at it, and went to ARFCOM to see if I could get any advice for a noob looking at the newest models.

Basically got treated like an idiot, and have never been back since.

Spent mega bucks for a super duper AR, and got a really nice shooter.
Later on, bought an off the shelf Bushy, built by bushy and marketed by Remington and got just as good if not better accuracy. Different calibers, but none the less.

The guy in the video is doing nothing more than any other pitchman trying to make a living in a field, where somebody is picking up your tab.

Marketing is all the video was about.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was the worlds most vocal person saying the AR platform was the biggest POS in the world. My experience came from a stint in in the military with the original design that jammed, was innaccurate, etc.

About three years ago, for whatever reason, decided to get another look at it, and went to ARFCOM to see if I could get any advice for a noob looking at the newest models.

Later on, bought an off the shelf Bushy, built by bushy and marketed by Remington and got just as good if not better accuracy. Different calibers, but none the less.

The guy in the video is doing nothing more than any other pitchman trying to make a living in a field, where somebody is picking up your tab.

Oh I agree Dennis. It's a decent platform. I've been there, done that, and moved on. I ~might~ get another one someday if it was a really (and I mean really) good deal. And I'd make sure it was one of the really crappy ones, just to piss off the armchair quarterbacks. :w000t: To be honest it was a relief to get out of the AR world.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ok,Dennis...The Truth is what you.................can I say same old?

:mosh:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time calling any man who has killed that many people a "douche". I guess it is easy to do over the internet though.

It's his mannerism that is silly. If killing people is the standard of being a man, then Stalin and Hitler ought to be heros.

The guy in the video has the typical gun show tough guy attitude. It probably helps sell rifles, but some people find it boorish. But hey, if it works....

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I propose that MSG Vickers had certainly earned the right to say whatever he wishes. I personally found it comical, and thought he was intentionally overdoing the harda$$ for humorous effect.

However, some people are sens-i-tiv..........don't buy his blasters. Find someone you like and buy theirs. Big market out there.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh let me rephrase that then, " I have a hard-time calling any man who has killed that many people for my freedom a douche....", There ya go pal.

That's better. As my dear old sainted granny says, "Say what you mean, and mean what you say."

As for over doing it for comical effect, given my own commercials, I can't throw a rock from my glass house....:woot:

Latest posts

Top Bottom