Larue COMPLETE lowers - $200 for AR-15 and $300 for AR10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What @JEVapa was referencing involved around a 10-14month wait for >$10K order. Things happened, and there ended up being an unknown additional wait time. Jevapa got involved, and **** showed up in a few weeks at most.

I’m convinced he has a red phone to LaRue’s office. Or photos of Mark LaRue defiling a goat. Possibly both. Either way, things got resolved with a quickness.

Weston.cain

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What @HoLeChit just said.
Take off your scope. Try to squeeze it together with your hands or set it on a bench and tap the upper with your hand or a plastic mallet. Stay away from the tang.
That’s a billet upper from another company trying to go into a billet lower from another company. The lug is going to be harder than the forged ones. It’ll still go together most likely.

I’d also try to slap them together with some force. I do that with a couple of LT guns I already have. They’re a lot tougher than you might think.
Lgs figured it out, buffer tube was slightly over tightened. He Backed it off a bit and now it fits like a top.

Thanks for all the advice!

@JEVapa added a reference photo of the issue

Attachments

• 20231010_132429.jpg
    20231010_132429.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231010_135057_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_135057_Chrome.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Lgs figured it out, buffer tube was slightly over tightened. He Backed it off a bit and now it fits like a top.

Believe it or not that was my guess but I thought that would be too obvious when trying to close the upper so maybe it was something else.

I see you are in Shawnee. Which LGS did you use?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Considering they are pumping out 3200 of these puppies in 60 days I can see how some of the QC could have slipped. As long as it easily fixable I would take this risk/vs reward deal again 😁
Yep, for the price you paid I wouldn't complain either.

A lot of ''lower tier'' companies get dinged for easily remedied QC issues here though so LaRue should at least be held to the same standard as them.

I like some of their products and run the MBT in my ARs. I would most likely have a few of their rifles if they weren't so expensive but it just shows that not even the companies that are considered higher quality get it right all the time.

jim_jones

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I know it's too late now, but for future reference it's always angle grinder then gunsmith.

Latest posts

Top Bottom