Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck yeah! Looking forward to it.
I'll be stressing tomorrow, unfortunately. 50% of our work crew will be out of town, (there's only two of us) so I will be responsible for the entire area. (from Sterling to Indiahoma and all points in between excluding Ft. Sill)

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, looks like I can't make it. I am taking my daughter to the doctor in Duncan at 11:00, so I won't be there. Was really looking forward to it, but family comes first. Maybe next time.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now have a CDR's Call from 1130-1200 I am the deputy so I will be there- if I leave Ft Sill at 1200 I will get to Los Tres around 1220 - will anyone even be there by that point? I know, I know, its a personal problem...I am sorry guys I really would like to meet more folks from OSA/Lawton Area of the FGST

I propose an alternate suggestion for the future - how about we go twice a month alternating between a lunch meeting (which is hard for some of us who have to eat on the run, etc.) and a dinner meeting - maybe Crockett's or Ken & Leo's, etc. someplace where we won't be mobbed.

Next lunch can we go to Burgiss Grill? It's are a real home-town place that just passed their 50th year in business, clean, not too expensive and great burgers. They also have a wall with some cool pictures of baseball players because the owners son is a doctor for the Yankees spring training camp in Tampa.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to sell me on Burgess' Grill! Love that place! Problem is, the guys in attendance yesterday already decided that Luigi's on Sheridan would be the next stop. The good news is, I can virtually guarantee that we will be making an appearance at Burgess in the very near future.

The four of us that have been meeting for lunch so far are completely flexible. None of us are strapped down to a certain time, so if another time would bring more people, we're 100% open to that. I like the early lunch 'cause there just aren't as many other patrons at 11:00 vs. 12:00 or later...

Mugsy, if you want to get a dinner thing going, that's great! However, I would probably not go to a dinner thing. My girlfriend is an EXCELLENT cook! I don't miss many meals at my house... But I certainly wouldn't discourage the idea! If that's what works for some of us locals, I say go for it! I just like the idea of us getting together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom