Lawton Goes Full Tard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far today, a mandate came down that requires every citizen to wear a mask, easily made of bandanas according to them, all the while making bandana sales illegal as they are considered clothing.

Beyond that, they've also banned fishing on all city properties including Lake Lawtonka, Ellesworth, Cache & West Cache Creek, all inner city lakes, and by extension they tossed in a hunting ban as if they ever allowed anyone to hunt on a city property.

Citywide curfew remains... Our lame-duck boss made us some exemption certificates today. She died on the inside when we collectively reminded her we received federal free travel documents last month lol.

It's been one hell of a day for the elected autists in City Hall.

They've made clothing sales illegal or just closed many retail establishments? Is walmart no longer selling clothing there?

I know our city had to finally 'officially' close parks and some public spaces because people couldn't tell their kids that they couldn't play on the playground. Parents were staying 6 ft apart, but letting their kids climb all over their friends. The city finally had to take steps to limit access to spaces where people were gathering.

Campus also did the same to cut down on the college students who have stayed from gathering for group sporting events on the intramural fields.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've made clothing sales illegal or just closed many retail establishments? Is walmart no longer selling clothing there?

I know our city had to finally 'officially' close parks and some public spaces because people couldn't tell their kids that they couldn't play on the playground. Parents were staying 6 ft apart, but letting their kids climb all over their friends. The city finally had to take steps to limit access to spaces where people were gathering.

Campus also did the same to cut down on the college students who have stayed from gathering for group sporting events on the intramural fields.

They made the sale of clothing illegal in walmart and other essential stores to appease the small businesses and boutiques they've ordered closed. You cannot buy undies in Lawton right now. Clothing and non-essential depts are roped off, and if you end up at a register with something on the ban list, they won't allow you to purchase it.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They made the sale of clothing illegal in walmart and other essential stores to appease the small businesses and boutiques they've ordered closed. You cannot buy undies in Lawton right now. Clothing and non-essential depts are roped off, and if you end up at a register with something on the ban list, they won't allow you to purchase it.

interesting. sounds like they made a political move early and it is backfiring now that the situation has changed.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed a trend with people being upset with guidelines or information being spread. Believe me, as a street paramedic, things are literally changing during my shift. Nothing like this has ever occurred in modern society (in America), or during my 17 year career. The call to wear masks was made in part because people are still going out and about, not practicing social distancing, and ignoring other guidelines. The hope from the beginning was that enough people would take this seriously early on and follow recommendations. This would have negated the need for people to wear masks. This is a scary time and I've already been exposed and tested. Until this passes or we somehow get a handle on it. I urge people to please follow the recommendations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The call to wear masks was made in part because people are still going out and about, not practicing social distancing, and ignoring other guidelines. The hope from the beginning was that enough people would take this seriously early on and follow recommendations. This would have negated the need for people to wear masks.
Exactly right. The stores are filled with people buying crap they do not need, to kill the time they always used to wish they could have off, and now do not know what to do with. If you don't absolutely have to be out, stay home!

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've noticed a trend with people being upset with guidelines or information being spread. Believe me, as a street paramedic, things are literally changing during my shift. Nothing like this has ever occurred in modern society (in America), or during my 17 year career. The call to wear masks was made in part because people are still going out and about, not practicing social distancing, and ignoring other guidelines. The hope from the beginning was that enough people would take this seriously early on and follow recommendations. This would have negated the need for people to wear masks. This is a scary time and I've already been exposed and tested. Until this passes or we somehow get a handle on it. I urge people to please follow the recommendations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It’s amazing how many people seem to be going about business as usual. Our little neighborhood has road traffic like normal.

Other than medical visits, my wife and I have been out in public twice in the last three weeks.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"In furthering efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the Lawton community, Lawton City Council voted to enact additional measures that will take effect at noon on April 10, 2020:

• Hunting/Fishing and Boating will be not be permitted on City of Lawton property.
  • Cloth masks or face coverings of any material – something that covers a person’s mouth and nose without having to be held up by hands – will be required to be worn outside of a home. Children under 3 are not required to wear a mask. If a mask poses a safety risk to a person while performing a job duty, a mask does not need to be worn while that job duty is carried out. (Scarves, makeshift masks from T-shirts or socks or bandanas are acceptable. With this measure, fabric and sewing stores may open by curbside service to provide such materials or make masks.) Surgical and medical masks are not recommended. These should be reserved for first responders and healthcare workers.
  • Mandatory quarantining measures will be imposed on individuals arriving to Lawton from certain states or countries, or areas with substantial COVD-19 community spread, as deemed applicable by the mayor. Such states and countries will be finalized and relayed to the public as soon as possible, as will details of the quarantine period.
At the direction of Mayor Stan Booker and Lawton City Council, City staff is working to draft and finalize the next executive order. It will be placed online for the community with further detail in new areas of requirement upon finalization.

Additional questions may be sent into [email protected].

Lawton City Council also voted to amend City Code on Tuesday morning, providing the Mayor Pro Tem with additional powers, duties and responsibilities – acting in concert with the mayor – during a time of civil emergency."

This whole thing is BS to me.
Requiring people to wear masks, even home made, when "outside of a home." So, let me get this straight, I take my trash to the curb and I have to wear a mask? I go on my porch to sit by my self and I have to wear a mask.
And I see to recall seeing some wordage that was going to require wearing a mask WHILE IN YOUR CAR.
Sorry, but my understanding is that the courts have ruled that my car is an extension of my home and that means that you can't regulate what I do inside the car, within very narrow limits and I think that this goes beyond those limits.
So, what happens to some poor schmuck that happens to be driving thru town on his way to OKC or Wichita Falls and he not only goes thru during curfew but then doesn't have a mask on.
I'm guessing that they will toss him in the city jail as they probably have plenty of space if they have released inmates due to concerns over the virus.

Honestly, these guys on the council are overstepping and doing it in a very fast manner so that the public can't respond.

If they wanted public input, they might have the meeting at a time when working stiffs could attend, instead of 10AM on a weekday. Or have some way for virtual attendance.

Are the meetings limited to no more than 10 people? Heard once that they were not because they were not technically a "public gathering".
And why the wait for a week to impose these new issues?
I wonder if the city attorney has been consulted in these matters?
If so, where is his written opinion?

And then a meeting to give the powers that be "additional powers, duties and responsibilities."

Was there even any mention of the five break-in on the first night of the curfew???
Can't wait to see how high those numbers go.
This is getting out of hand.

Dave

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This whole thing is BS to me.
Requiring people to wear masks, even home made, when "outside of a home." So, let me get this straight, I take my trash to the curb and I have to wear a mask? I go on my porch to sit by my self and I have to wear a mask.
And I see to recall seeing some wordage that was going to require wearing a mask WHILE IN YOUR CAR.
Sorry, but my understanding is that the courts have ruled that my car is an extension of my home and that means that you can't regulate what I do inside the car, within very narrow limits and I think that this goes beyond those limits.
So, what happens to some poor schmuck that happens to be driving thru town on his way to OKC or Wichita Falls and he not only goes thru during curfew but then doesn't have a mask on.
I'm guessing that they will toss him in the city jail as they probably have plenty of space if they have released inmates due to concerns over the virus.

Honestly, these guys on the council are overstepping and doing it in a very fast manner so that the public can't respond.

If they wanted public input, they might have the meeting at a time when working stiffs could attend, instead of 10AM on a weekday. Or have some way for virtual attendance.

Are the meetings limited to no more than 10 people? Heard once that they were not because they were not technically a "public gathering".
And why the wait for a week to impose these new issues?
I wonder if the city attorney has been consulted in these matters?
If so, where is his written opinion?

And then a meeting to give the powers that be "additional powers, duties and responsibilities."

Was there even any mention of the five break-in on the first night of the curfew???
Can't wait to see how high those numbers go.
This is getting out of hand.

Dave
Agreed. Wearing a mask outside does nothing at all unless you find yourself packed shoulder to shoulder in a crowd and then it's very minimal. Actually being outside is exponentially safer than inside. Every city council member, mayor, sheriff, governor, and on up should be made to watch this video that swamprat posted. The stooooopid is just mind numbing considering we are the country that put men on the moon. Look at just how far we've gone. :(

https://www.okshooters.com/posts/3347362/

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.png
I wear a mask when I go outside the house for any purpose. You have to scrap the pollen off the trashcan and lawn chairs it's so thick and my allergies are horrible.

I've been more concerned with allergies this past week then this China virus. Never should have moved back here. Stuck inside cause of this stupid tree pollen BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom