Lawton Goes Full Tard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re neighbor to the north might drop an experimental artillery round on your ass if you don’t wear the mask. Just be safe is all I’m saying. Be safe and go about your business.

History has given us all 50 years of comprehensive tactics on how to beat the US Army... Welcome to the rice field mothertrucker

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because they wanted them reserved for those in the medical fight. They were in shortage at that time and still are.
As I understand it, they are disposable and have to be changed on a regular basis to remain effective.
I stand to be corrected by those more knowledgeable on the subject.
I'm all in with respect to reserving the masks for the medical personnel on the front lines. My issue is that the CDC and other "experts" were saying there is no benefit for the general public to wear masks and now we have cities requiring the use of masks. In fact, these experts were saying that Joe Public wearing a mask could increase their risk because of the touching of the face and mask.

It would make more sense to me if those experts would have originally said "there is a benefit to the public wearing masks but we need to reserve the commercial masks for the medical community; here is how to make a mask".

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all in with respect to reserving the masks for the medical personnel on the front lines. My issue is that the CDC and other "experts" were saying there is no benefit for the general public to wear masks and now we have cities requiring the use of masks. In fact, these experts were saying that Joe Public wearing a mask could increase their risk because of the touching of the face and mask.

It would make more sense to me if those experts would have originally said "there is a benefit to the public wearing masks but we need to reserve the commercial masks for the medical community; here is how to make a mask".
If they had done that, it might have frightened people

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they had done that, it might have frightened people

My guess is they either re-examined the data and decided the use of mask by the public was a benefit, or, God forbid, they were trying to keep the public from buying up the commercial supply before local and state governments could acquire the supply.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure we were lied to by the medical professionals that were in a panic because of the projected models of the severity of the situation for the virus. (same models they have used for global warming)
I can't say for sure, but thinking their mindset may have been we have to protect (us, medical)to help them (us), so we need the PPE to protect us and lets just spin a little story to get those masks to us.
I don't know that is a fact. Maybe not, hopefully not, but I agree, they did feed us false information at the top tier initially. Governments have a history of doing that because they think the deplorables are ignorant, while those in the DC bubble know what's best for us.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we were lied to by the medical professionals that were in a panic because of the projected models of the severity of the situation for the virus. (same models they have used for global warming)
I can't say for sure, but thinking their mindset may have been we have to protect (us, medical)to help them (us), so we need the PPE to protect us and lets just spin a little story to get those masks to us.
I don't know that is a fact. Maybe not, hopefully not, but I agree, they did feed us false information at the top tier initially. Governments have a history of doing that because they think the deplorables are ignorant, while those in the DC bubble know what's best for us.

The more I think about it, you are probably onto something. But, what is the government to do? I’m sure many people, me included, would have been fine with the truth and would not have made a run on supplies needed by those on the front lines. But, I’m equally sure there are those that would have no second thought trying to make a personal gain at the risk of others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I think about it, you are probably onto something. But, what is the government to do? I’m sure many people, me included, would have been fine with the truth and would not have made a run on supplies needed by those on the front lines. But, I’m equally sure there are those that would have no second thought trying to make a personal gain at the risk of others.

We both know that a run on PPE's would have became a panic. Semi's of TP have been hijacked, Ammo is going through the roof, people are willing to sell their home for some bullets.
That is the sad part of our country. They call it supply and demand. While that is a great idea for normal economic growth, neckbeards take advantage of a situation to take advantage by artificially creating a demand by hoarding the supply. The .22 shortage of the Obama years is a prime example. There was no shortage of ammo. The issue was neckbeards creating an artificial shortage of ammo creating high prices they could profit from.
I think the government is of that same mindset thinking that lying to us gained them some time and PPE's.
Again, I'm subject to correction on my thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom