Lawton Goes Full Tard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far today, a mandate came down that requires every citizen to wear a mask, easily made of bandanas according to them, all the while making bandana sales illegal as they are considered clothing.

Beyond that, they've also banned fishing on all city properties including Lake Lawtonka, Ellesworth, Cache & West Cache Creek, all inner city lakes, and by extension they tossed in a hunting ban as if they ever allowed anyone to hunt on a city property.

Citywide curfew remains... Our lame-duck boss made us some exemption certificates today. She died on the inside when we collectively reminded her we received federal free travel documents last month lol.

It's been one hell of a day for the elected autists in City Hall.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read that about Lawton, couldn't hardly believe it; it's like there are multiple mayors just trying to out-do the next guy, removing more and more rights and liberties. I'm not saying you should/shouldn't wear a mask, I'm not saying you should/shouldn't fish, or shop, or whatever, but holy hell it's not the government's place to impose draconian BS mandates like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far today, a mandate came down that requires every citizen to wear a mask, easily made of bandanas according to them, all the while making bandana sales illegal as they are considered clothing.

Beyond that, they've also banned fishing on all city properties including Lake Lawtonka, Ellesworth, Cache & West Cache Creek, all inner city lakes, and by extension they tossed in a hunting ban as if they ever allowed anyone to hunt on a city property.

Citywide curfew remains... Our lame-duck boss made us some exemption certificates today. She died on the inside when we collectively reminded her we received federal free travel documents last month lol.

It's been one hell of a day for the elected autists in City Hall.
Lawton does own some hunting land adjacent to lake Lawtonka. Across the lake from the RV area.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that about Lawton, couldn't hardly believe it; it's like there are multiple mayors just trying to out-do the next guy, removing more and more rights and liberties. I'm not saying you should/shouldn't wear a mask, I'm not saying you should/shouldn't fish, or shop, or whatever, but holy hell it's not the government's place to impose draconian BS mandates like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's every city councilor wanting to put their stamp on everything. The only thing the councilor that proposed the ban on hunting and fishing has ever looked to catch were other mens digits. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He's just being what he eats.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re neighbor to the north might drop an experimental artillery round on your ass if you don’t wear the mask. Just be safe is all I’m saying. Be safe and go about your business.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insane. Less than 2 weeks ago the CDC and medical experts were saying the public doesn't need to wear masks.
Because they wanted them reserved for those in the medical fight. They were in shortage at that time and still are.
As I understand it, they are disposable and have to be changed on a regular basis to remain effective.
I stand to be corrected by those more knowledgeable on the subject.

Latest posts

Top Bottom