Lawton Gun Show this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Donald,

I know where you are coming from, but I think you missed the point sabot_round is trying to make. Just because you do not like black rifles don't say there should be "less of them". Since you like benchrest and mil-surplus why not just say just say "how about more benchrest and mil-surplus". Why not wish that there be more stuff for ALL of us. If I said that I wished there was non of that benchrest crap at the show you would not like that. So why pit gunowner against gunowner based on what each of us like. I don't care for benchrest, black powder or most hunting rifle/shotguns, but I would never wish there were less of them at a show if it was of interest to a fellow gunowner. Sacrificing one type of gun because you do not like it just dividing gunowners. Me personally, I like the Class 3 stuff (MG's suppressors, etc..), but there are a lot of gunonwers who think I should not have them because they don't like them. You sacrifice my guns to the anti's then don't expect my support when they come for your "high power, scoped sniper rifle". I hope you see my point. Like sabot_round said "United we'll stand, divided we'll fall".

I have to agree with this poster. Well said.

I also am a Class III shooter. You get some pretty strange looks from other shooters on the range when you uncase the Uzi or start shooting bursts.

My office partner is a big hunter and shotgunner. I remember when the 96 AWB was being considered he was telling me that he didn't have a problem with the waiting periods and the assault weapons bans. Basically because he didn't shoot "ARs". I told him the same thing about "United we stand..." but I don't think he really got it. Until, that is, he went to buy his next shotgun and got hit with his first 5 day waiting period.

We see "class warfare" being used all the time in this country to demonize some "small segment" of a group. We don't need it in the firearms community.

Personally, I'd like to see more Class III stuff at the shows. What is there is rare and very limited.

It is why there are lotsa flavors of icecream at Baskin Robbins and Braums. Something for everyone.

Dave

tb556

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been the the Lawton show two or three times, and it's pretty good. Lots of selection for its size, and while it's a little crowded, you can certainly get around.

I hope to be able to stop by either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom