Lead prices?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen some comments that say the guys on the cast bullets forum is selling for $1/lb, but I bet that is +shipping, not sure though. Luckily, I've got my grand total of 3 buckets of wheel weights for free so far...

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1 per lb shipped in flat rate is the going rate. You might get more or less depending on the current hardness of the lead. If it is pure lead it doesn't seem to bring as much as say lead clip on wheel weights. The wheel weights would not have to have much added to pour for cast bullets.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$1 per lb shipped in flat rate is the going rate. You might get more or less depending on the current hardness of the lead. If it is pure lead it doesn't seem to bring as much as say lead clip on wheel weights. The wheel weights would not have to have much added to pour for cast bullets.

It is wheel weights, already cleaned and smelted into ingots. Perfect for bullets.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A vendor at the last gun show sold about 500 pounds of cast bullets as lead scrap for a dollar a pound.. I bought about 30 pounds of cast and lubed 30 cal bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom