Leap of faith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Recently I got into a deal I couldn't pass up. It was for two Taurus firearms, a G2c and a new model 85 stainless in .357. I could not be happier! I've put over 300 rounds through both, with only 25 being .357, rest in .38spl. Both guns show great accuracy, have been 100% reliable, and with the G2c's adjustable rear sight, I was able to put it on the mark with the Hornady 135gr +P Critical Duty that will be its carry load. As to the 85 she shoots POA/POI with Remington's 125gr +P SJHP. I haven't put the G2c into my carry rotation, but the little 85 is already pulling duty.
As to the 85, for a J-frame size gun she has a better trigger pull DA/SA than all the J-frames I've owned. I will continue this with update's on their performance, an wear.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very nice. I inherited an M85. Sweet little gun, I was throughly impressed with the feel in hand and the trigger. I have only put about 20 rounds through it, but enjoyed it.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BLASPHEMOUS! How dare you compare a Taurus to anything so perfect as a J-frame. I'm totally kidding. While I'm really fond of Smith revolvers, (it's almost a sickness) I've been secretly and shamefully eyeballing a Taurus in 44 special for quite a while. I really like that round and the Smith versions might as well be made of gold. Your experience and review just might make it a little easier for me to turn to the dark side and pick one up.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had some good Taurus experiences - and I'm not afraid to admit it. Only had 2 that have given me trouble. One PT709 with a bad extractor, and one 357 with a mistimed cylinder. I've been waiting for the right moment to send both in - for like 5+ years now. lol Just never get around to it. I've got 4 or 5 other ones that are just perfect and run flawlessly.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Taurus wheel guns, not so much their semi-autos. It's good to hear that you had pleasant experiences with yours.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BLASPHEMOUS! How dare you compare a Taurus to anything so perfect as a J-frame. I'm totally kidding. While I'm really fond of Smith revolvers, (it's almost a sickness) I've been secretly and shamefully eyeballing a Taurus in 44 special for quite a while. I really like that round and the Smith versions might as well be made of gold. Your experience and review just might make it a little easier for me to turn to the dark side and pick one up.

You wouldn't be talking about one like this would you??!! I've had this for several years, and she has been a great shooter!!!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN5461_zpsb9c69c7a.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN5460_zpsbc7ae40a.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN5459_zps70be8938.jpg

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After I traded that pumpkin lobber to you, I started having second thoughts. Took me a couple of years to find a really nice 3" 441. That Ruger in 44 spl is looking pretty neat as well. There's something about a 3" 44 spl that I really like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom