Leasing of Mineral Rights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take exception to your statement. I happen to know several PLM company owners that I have known for 40 years and they are not crooked. In the early 1980's I worked for some of them and we tried to always pay the highest amount that we could to the mineral owners. The oil companies advised us what the price range they would pay. Ultimately the oil companies will have to pay the top dollar in the area when they have to force pool the remaining mineral owners.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suppose it goes without saying, but those Land Men can be crooked as a barrel of snakes. It's about more than money.
Know what you're getting into.

I'm an independent petroleum landman and you can stick it where the frog lube don't shine. Yes, like your user name, you are ignorant.

OP, PM me and I will attempt to get you the information you're looking for.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take exception to your statement. I happen to know several PLM company owners that I have known for 40 years and they are not crooked. In the early 1980's I worked for some of them and we tried to always pay the highest amount that we could to the mineral owners. The oil companies advised us what the price range they would pay. Ultimately the oil companies will have to pay the top dollar in the area when they have to force pool the remaining mineral owners.
I ammended my statement to say ''Some' Land Men.
Just be sure about how much damage they'll do to the surface. Just be aware.
Be aware any time you sign a contract.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ammended my statement to say ''Some' Land Men.
Just be sure about how much damage they'll do to the surface. Just be aware.
Be aware any time you sign a contract.

Surface rights have little or nothing to do with minerals.

I'm not saying there aren't come crooked landmen out there, but I'd say they were the exception, not the rule.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surface rights have little or nothing to do with minerals.

I'm not saying there aren't come crooked landmen out there, but I'd say they were the exception, not the rule.
Surface rights have everything to do with mineral rights, because the only way to extract the minerals is from the surface.
A drilling rig has a LARGE footprint

Latest posts

Top Bottom