leather conditioner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any good saddle soap and conditioner should do the trick, I would think. It has been so long since I owned any tack that I can't recall the name of the soap and conditioner we used. Might PM GlockGirl -- she rides quite a bit and might know some name brands.

Other plus, anything you buy that is riding related is bound to be cheaper.

You know, like pharma co.s charging different rates for the same drug (human use or veterinary use). All manufactured in the same way, you are just paying for the label and marketing niche.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful about using some tack stuff on holsters because it can soften it up and lose its retention.

For the crossbreed it might not matter as much since it doesn't affect the retention (since it is kydex).

Seems like one of the holster makers has their own cleaner.I will have to do some looking and see what I can find.

BC

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one Must have for leather holsters is Mitch Rosen " Leather Lighting"
you just apply it to the inside of the holster and man that gun will just jump right out...

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the exterior of the leather holster use either Fiebings 4-Way or Lexol, then top coat with Tandy SuperSheen. For the interior of non-lined leather, a coat of paste shoe polish, nicely buffed works great. If you want "go fast" draw speed, spray the interior (lined or unlined) with some automotive silicone.

Avoid Mink Oil, saddle soap or any other product that will soften the leather. You paid good $$ to have a nicely boned holster; don't ruin it by gloping on the softener.

Latest posts

Top Bottom