lee classic turret press wont index

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
ok,i only have about a 1000 rounds on this press. i've lightly oiled it periodically to keep it running smooth. it stopped indexing every now and then,more so on the seat die than others. now it won't index at all except occasionally on the crimp die.

so question, what do i need to look at before i tear into the whole thing? any help from those out there that have had this issue before?

thanks

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a nylon nut that controls the indexing, and once those go, it needs a replacement: $ 0.50 from Lee.
I usually keep a half dozen on hand. Look at the booklet that came with the press.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also the nut on top pof the post that turns the turret can be adjusted. a slight turn in the direction that it is failing to index can solve the timing problem. If it is turning the turret past the index point then turn the nut clockwise and vice versa if it is not gett ing to the index point. Very small adjustments only, doesn't take much

Latest posts

Top Bottom