lee loadmasters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody out there locally in okc loading 9mm on a lee loadmaster, if so Ive got a few small questions. I have been loading on one for about a year in both .45 acp and 9mm and am a little on the flustered side with the 9mm press.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the .45 press works like a sweetheart, the 9mm press has had the same problem from day one. TIPPED PRIMERS. I have tried all the little adjustments and tricks and i'm ready to go back to square one with this issue, I get about one tipped primer per 25 rounds, i actually switched to magnum primers to keep from popping primers on my press. any help would be appreciated.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought one, square deal in 9mm, kicked out 300 rounds straight yesterday, zero defects, it was heavenly, gotta get a caliber conversion to .45 acp and the sell the two loadmasters!

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought one, square deal in 9mm, kicked out 300 rounds straight yesterday, zero defects, it was heavenly, gotta get a caliber conversion to .45 acp and the sell the two loadmasters!

Same experience I had. . .the Loadmaster worked fine, except for the worthless primer system! Argh.

Stepped up to a Dillon 650 and haven't pulled the lever on the Loadmaster since.

soonertodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
congrats! you wont regret getting one.best reloaders made.i screwed around with a couple lees back when i started,i spent more time trying to get them to work than crankin out ammo. i've had my 650 for about 13 years now.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refuse to knock the lee's. The 45 press I can't find a fault in, and I'm sure if I were to spend more time adjusting the 9mm it would work as well. I have had it tuned up before and it cranked em out quick, it just seems like when I take a break from loading for a while and come back I have to adjust it again, or when I dissassemble for cleaning it has to be readjusted. I just got tired of fiddling with it.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also the folks at lee have been awesome about helping out with spare parts and advice, I could never fault them either! They just sell a cheaper product. I ran into the same thing with my taurus pt1911. I had some issues with mine, got rid of it in favor of an upper half colt lower half caspian, guts all wilson combat! I ran into a guy at the range the other day who was cursing his colt and swore by his taurus. Whatever floats our boats eh>

Latest posts

Top Bottom