Left lane road hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rode with a dude once that was passing in the left lane and I was way behind him in the right. He was passing some big rigs doing probably 70 in a 65 and some asshat was right on his rear fender. He always carried some big ball bearings in his pocket for just such people who like to tailgate motorcycles. He pulled one out and tossed it up over his shoulder and busted the dudes windshield. Then the guy in the car went all road rage on him and forced him off to the shoulder once he got back to the right lane. So he stopped his bike and the guy got outa his car and came over there cussing and promptly received a beating. Got his ass whipped and a broken window all in about 3 minutes. lol

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Skipping over the "In it for a reason." but why? Is it that hard to change lanes for a second?

Can't skip over the "in it for a reason". It's a central part of my position.

Why should I have to slow down and change lanes when I'm cruising along passing traffic at a comfortable clip with a nice separation from the car in front of me? Just because im not passing right hand traffic fast enough for you? Is it that hard to get off my ass and go with the flow of traffic?

Happens to me every day heading home on I-240 east. The right two lanes are a clusterF of people trying to exit and merge onto 35. I pass accidents in those lanes weekly. I generally stay in the left lane, steadily but safely passing that mess until I'm past Eastern and home free. But it never fails I get some bubba riding my bumper and raging out because I'm not passing fast enough. Passing mind you, just not at 15 miles over the limit.

Dicks like that can stay behind me and 'roid out all they want.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i always love that the 'you have no protected right to be offended crowd' (i.e. My actions give you no right to be upset) seems to be quick to yell at the 'you have no right to pass too slowly' (the 'i'm within the law, but not doing what you want) crowd. I've seen it in OK, MO, TX and now MS. Doesn't matter how fast you pass in the left lane, you are still too slow for some (which seems to really piss them off...)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Can't skip over the "in it for a reason". It's a central part of my position.

Why should I have to slow down and change lanes when I'm cruising along passing traffic at a comfortable clip with a nice separation from the car in front of me? Just because im not passing right hand traffic fast enough for you? Is it that hard to get off my ass and go with the flow of traffic?

Happens to me every day heading home on I-240 east. The right two lanes are a clusterF of people trying to exit and merge onto 35. I pass accidents in those lanes weekly. I generally stay in the left lane, steadily but safely passing that mess until I'm past Eastern and home free. But it never fails I get some bubba riding my bumper and raging out because I'm not passing fast enough. Passing mind you, just not at 15 miles over the limit.

Dicks like that can stay behind me and 'roid out all they want.

Gotcha. Skipped that part because for some, the reason is "I want to," or "It's smoother," and they still won't get over.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, I don't know how you did it. I would have absolutely shat myself.

I do speed more than most, and when needed, I do pass on the right. I don't understand how people can drive in the left lane, unless they are going faster than everyone else, and nobody is trying to pass them.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as you're actually passing when you're over there, and get over as soon as you have a clear spot on the right, I don't have an issue with it. If there is heavy traffic and you are just constantly passing, nobody behind you has any reason to be upset at you staying in that lane, even if you're not passing as quickly as they would. The problem is when somebody gets over there just because it feels less "crowded," or it's not as bumpy, or God knows why, and just drives the same speed or slower than traffic in the lanes to the right, when there are people behind them waiting to pass.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst are the left lane hogs who pace the speed of the right lane, not allowing you to pass on either side. Oh, great... Two gals driving 55 in a 70, side by side.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally stay in the left lane, steadily but safely passing that mess until I'm past Eastern and home free. But it never fails I get some bubba riding my bumper and raging out because I'm not passing fast enough. Passing mind you, just not at 15 miles over the limit.

I hear you on that. I don't like zipping past stopped cars... if one darts out because they don't see you, it's time for pancakes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom