Left lane road hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst are the left lane hogs who pace the speed of the right lane, not allowing you to pass on either side. Oh, great... Two gals driving 55 in a 70, side by side.

That's when you pass on the shoulder - even better if it's got the little noise cuts 'cos it sounds like you're giving 'em the old raspberry. Oh ... and it's not just gals.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always drive in the left lane. But I have a heavy foot. What kills me is when some idiot wants to go 10 under and won't get over. Ain't too many things that makes me that mad but that is one thing that does. If your gonna go slow then get over.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how fast I'm going; if someone comes up on my tail, I just move over. That left lane ain't going anywhere.

That's pretty much me. I have a heavy foot on the throttle as well, but there is always somebody that is running faster. It takes a second to move over, and then get back into the left lane to pass another law abiding citizen. Its nothing but common courtesy to a fellow driver. I signal my intentions religiously.

If I'm going past a string of cars, and have a hot driver come up on my bumper and start flashing their lights as is the European custom to move over and I can't do so safely, expect to get brake checked.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty much me. I have a heavy foot on the throttle as well, but there is always somebody that is running faster. It takes a second to move over, and then get back into the left lane to pass another law abiding citizen. Its nothing but common courtesy to a fellow driver. I signal my intentions religiously.

If I'm going past a string of cars, and have a hot driver come up on my bumper and start flashing their lights as is the European custom to move over and I can't do so safely, expect to get brake checked.

This ^^^^^ every day and twice on Sunday!! I'm more than happy to follow the procedure in both paragraphs above. The hot driver with the flashing lights is quite often observed later on the roadside with a fellow with a colorful set of flashing lights. It seems that "European driving" ought to be left over there...

Latest posts

Top Bottom