Legal Question: "Addendum" to Lease 6 months later?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Test that setup before hand to make sure those headphones work as you remembered them too. It would suck to go through that again and come out empty handed. Also check to see if when the screen locks that it continues to record until you press stop. She will probably be about 5ft away from you so test for clarity at that range.

So many people are tied to their phones now days that it wouldn't look out of the ordinary to be holding it w/o heaphones and not using it. Just don't let her see the screen being active of course.

The guys on the board have a lot of good points that you could bring to their attention. Keep us updated and good luck.

Already tested it last night with my roommate. Crystal clear, even when the screen is locked.

Here's a general question about the addendum regardless of how it relates to the lease. The addendum states that I can be evicted for being a "habitual complainer" or by causing "discontent, unrest, dissatisfaction, or disturbance among other residents."

That sounds strangely like blackmail to me.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already tested it last night with my roommate. Crystal clear, even when the screen is locked.

Here's a general question about the addendum regardless of how it relates to the lease. The addendum states that I can be evicted for being a "habitual complainer" or by causing "discontent, unrest, dissatisfaction, or disturbance among other residents."

That sounds strangely like blackmail to me.

I'd be strangely tempted to stay and test the legal boundaries lol. Could be some good entertainment.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be strangely tempted to stay and test the legal boundaries lol. Could be some good entertainment.

I'm already considering sending them a certified letter, postdated, making an addendum to my lease that cedes full ownership of the property to me. State that it supersedes the existing lease and that failure to respond or acknowledge within one hour constitutes their agreement to the terms.

Shoe on the other foot, essentially what they've done to me.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you need to talk to a real estate attorney in your state, you may also need to check with the Arkansas real estate commission they may be violating the landlord tenant act in your state if there is one. If the real estate commission can't help you they may at least be able to point you in the right direction.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news from all angles.

My dad's attorney friend looked over the addendum and the original lease. I'm totally in the clear. Lease explicitly states that it the contract is assigned, no addendum is allowed without my agreement.

Beyond that though, found out that my friend and coworker's step mother is 3rd in charge of the management company. Called off the dogs and letting me out of the lease early.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news from all angles.

My dad's attorney friend looked over the addendum and the original lease. I'm totally in the clear. Lease explicitly states that it the contract is assigned, no addendum is allowed without my agreement.

Beyond that though, found out that my friend and coworker's step mother is 3rd in charge of the management company. Called off the dogs and letting me out of the lease early.

Whoo hoo! Glad to hear it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This stuff pisses me off. Read the Landlord Tenant Act in Oklahoma Statutes. Clearly written pamphlets all over with good info in them.

Yea because there are plenty of people out there who don't get lucky to get out like he did and fall victim to these shenanigans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom