Legalize Pot? A question especially for smokers and drinkers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lets see if I can phrase this in a way, so as not to upset anyone. I'm not sure that I even have an opinion. I spent years of my life, before the lord took the desire away, as a very heavy smoker and drinker. During this period, due to so called "Sin" taxes I some times felt like I was supporting half the state, especially when I went to the grocery store, and appeared to be the only person in line paying with real money. At the time, I sometimes sorta thought, that it might be nice to have some help from the marijuana users, maybe, tax instead of incarcerate. At the time, I suppose that it did kind of burn me, that my money was being used to support these jokers in prison, and their girl friends, wives, and off spring on the outside, when in my my mind they could be working and paying their own sin tax.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree in a sense. I think the reason they don't legalize it is because it's so easy for anyone to grow, it's not addictive, and therefore not profitable enough for the government to legalize.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still think the majority of people would opt to just go and buy it at the local gas station, it seems like that stuff can cost a few hundred dollars to set up, not to mention the electricity costs. I had a saltwater aquarium for about 4 years before I moved here and it used 150w MH and even those really upped the electricity bill.

Frankly, I feel that there are many more violent criminals that jails and the courtrooms should be tied up with.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just look at Holland. The government there receives roughly 600,000,000 in pot tax revenue each year. Then factor in how many people busted for pot each year would not be incarcerated.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jmoney said:
I still think the majority of people would opt to just go and buy it at the local gas station, it seems like that stuff can cost a few hundred dollars to set up, not to mention the electricity costs. I had a saltwater aquarium for about 4 years before I moved here and it used 150w MH and even those really upped the electricity bill.

Frankly, I feel that there are many more violent criminals that jails and the courtrooms should be tied up with.

That is not true. The stuff grows like weeds in Oklahoma. We have some of the best soil and temps to grow pot. I had friends that grew it in their back yard in high school, just one plant, but it produced plenty of buds to supply their needs. If it was legal their would be no need to have a growing room and you would find it all over the place growing and could just pull off the side of the road and pick you some buds. It is not a plant that requires all that much care if any at all. It may be something that holland is able to tax and control because the climate is not conducive to growing good pot, don't know.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is not true. The stuff grows like weeds in Oklahoma. We have some of the best soil and temps to grow pot. I had friends that grew it in their back yard in high school, just one plant, but it produced plenty of buds to supply their needs. If it was legal their would be no need to have a growing room and you would find it all over the place growing and could just pull off the side of the road and pick you some buds. It is not a plant that requires all that much care if any at all. It may be something that holland is able to tax and control because the climate is not conducive to growing good pot, don't know.

But we are talking about a national thing, and there are more places in the US it wont grow than there are that it will

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We pay way too many taxes already. In fact, ending prohibition would be one of many cuts in the size and power of government we need to make so that we can CUT taxes -- not add new ones on marijuana.

Really, it's all about self-ownership. If you own yourself, you own your own body, your own mind, and all the product thereof -- and you are the only one who has the right to choose what you do with them.

If you don't own yourself... well, I'm sure you can figure out the consequences of that if you think about it.

The US is the only country in the world that was founded on the premise that you own yourself... a premise that sadly, most Americans do not hold today. The consequences are abundantly apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom