Let’s get me back up to speed with iron sights.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it turns out I can adjust my front sight on the CZ, so we’ll be good. Sadly, when removing the front sight hood I managed to tear my finger open on the front sight. Definitely not fun, and 4 days later if still hurts pretty good. I thought that stitches were necessary, (a first) but it seems to be closing up ok. My finger looked like it exploded when it happened took a while to get the bleeding to stop.

View attachment 248385View attachment 248387

I think I’m going to continue practicing with the ghost ring and see what I can accomplish before getting a new aperture, once my finger heals up I’m repainting that front sight.
That looks painful. Looks like it ripped more than cut.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude! Chicks DIG scars! What you need is some great stories to go with them. I got this one saving my cousin Bob fro m a charging bull. During a firefight I ripped open my finger on the front sight. Tore up this leg going over the fence to save my neighbors daughter from a horse. That scar is from an old football injury the last time I dove over the line to get the winning touchdown. But don’t go with I got this one when I sneezed while shaving. That does not impress, just trust me on this…. It’s all in the sales technique.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude! Chicks DIG scars! What you need is some great stories to go with them. I got this one saving my cousin Bob fro m a charging bull. During a firefight I ripped open my finger on the front sight. Tore up this leg going over the fence to save my neighbors daughter from a horse. That scar is from an old football injury the last time I dove over the line to get the winning touchdown. But don’t go with I got this one when I sneezed while shaving. That does not impress, just trust me on this…. It’s all in the sales technique.
I love a good story...

I burned my hands and arms several years ago opening a radiator cap on the truck too soon. I had bandages in 2-3 places for a week or two, so when anyone asked what happened, I told them this... "You know those warning tags they put all over car engines NOT to open the radiator cap while it's hot? Well... I'm not saying I was stupid enough to do that, but if I had been... this is pretty much what it would look like. But what ACTUALLY happened was, I was saving some little baby kittens from a fire, and I got burned."

You get a lot more sympathy from saving baby kittens than from doing something stupid, trust me. :rollingla

So I had a kidney removed a while back, and I have about a 4 inch scar from my belly button extending toward my right side. I'm trying to come up with a similarly clever story to explain it. I haven't worked the details out yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to involve a pirate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom