Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stuff like vertical grips, railed forearms, flat top receivers, bipods, various flash suppressors, bull barrells, fluted barrells, flip up sights :blahblah:

Just my personal preference...YMMV of course. :thumb:

I agree that the vanilla AR15, such as the one you pointed out, is a beautiful weapon. I'd happily take them in pairs.:thumb:

I'm kinda curious about your preference. Is it based on the cosmetic appeal or the functionality of the items? I think the flat top receiver, flash suppressor, and fluted barrel are all far from nonsense. I also think that railed forearms are a great choice.

Please don't think that I'm accussing anyone of being wrong or right. We all have our own individual tastes and preferences. I'm just curious.:)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that the vanilla AR15, such as the one you pointed out, is a beautiful weapon. I'd happily take them in pairs.:thumb:

I'm kinda curious about your preference. Is it based on the cosmetic appeal or the functionality of the items? I think the flat top receiver, flash suppressor, and fluted barrel are all far from nonsense. I also think that railed forearms are a great choice.

Please don't think that I'm accussing anyone of being wrong or right. We all have our own individual tastes and preferences. I'm just curious.:)

Well...like I said. Mine will be strictly utilitarian, and will be subject to some very harsh treatment. More aftermarket paraphernailia is just something else to break, get hung on a seatbelt, coat, something. Besides...it's more added weight.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well...like I said. Mine will be strictly utilitarian, and will be subject to some very harsh treatment. More aftermarket paraphernalia is just something else to break, get hung on a seatbelt, coat, something. Besides...it's more added weight.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Double post sucka.

I'll loan you my AR for a few days while i'm at CLEET. You can play with all the goodies on it and get a feel for a "souped" up AR :D then maybe you'll realize why we're all tacticool :D

Deacon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Double post sucka.

I'll loan you my AR for a few days while i'm at CLEET. You can play with all the goodies on it and get a feel for a "souped" up AR :D then maybe you'll realize why we're all tacticool :D

+1

I DO agree with the K.I.S.S. concept, but everything has a purpose and is suited to it's use... at the risk of putting together a Swiss-army-rifle.

If all I wanted to do with mine was punch paper, I'd get an issue grade iron sight 20" A1. Optics fit best on flat tops, you need a railed foreend for a vertical grip, lights, etc. buttstocks change L.O.P. and cheekweld, the list goes on and on. Are they NECESSARY? In some cases no. Are they nice to have and increase their funcationality? Definitely. Hell, how many people actually NEED a flash hider?
It's all a matter of preference. I, for one, have never thought of the AR as a terribly attractive weapon so if it's dripping with accessories, so be it.
Now, a Remington 700, THOSE can be sexy.

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather have a good FF quad rail setup than stock HG's any day, especially in terms of strength. Those stock plastic HG's are going to fail WAY before a DD, Troy, VLTOR, etc. rail system will.

Again, not trying to say that anyone is wrong or right, just pointing out that if you're in it for long term durability, the stock HG's are not the best option.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My DD Lite railed handguard is 10x stronger than the standard handguards, weighs less, and won't compromise accuracy. Why would anyone not think it was a good addition?