Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. Maybe I'll bump into you at the May 3-gun?

I have a similar sight setup coming for my SBR. Same irons and a T-1 w/ lower 1/3rd. I just got the tracking # on the Aimpoint..finally! Can't wait to finish it up this weekend.

My card is full for May, but I will have it at the Suppressor shoot at USSA in June!

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice rifle!

Thanks for posting that website. Man that would have sure helped me when I built my 601/602 clone. My next build will be an A1 clone like yours. I am digging up pics of mine to post.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, here is my retro 601/602 clone. I am needing the original ejection port cover with "Square Exterior Detent Plate" if anyone has one. Also needing the sight wheel "without numbers". Of course I would like to add a waffle mag and green furniture, but I doubt those will ever fall in my lap. I can't or will never have all original, but I'm happy with what I have put together so far.

awww.texastradingpost.com_militaria2_colt602a.JPG

awww.texastradingpost.com_militaria2_colt602b.JPG

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, here is my retro 601/602 clone. I am needing the original ejection port cover with "Square Exterior Detent Plate" if anyone has one. Also needing the sight wheel "without numbers". Of course I would like to add a waffle mag and green furniture, but I doubt those will ever fall in my lap. I can't or will never have all original, but I'm happy with what I have put together so far.

That looks great Sniper John!

I assume this is the door you are looking for:[Broken External Image]

I will keep an eye out for you. If you do get one would I would buy your current A1 door if you want to sell it.

As for waffle mags, No Dak Spud sells repro waffle mag bodies. You just need to swap in the follower and spring from a standard 20 round mag. Here is a link: http://www.nodakspud.com/AR Lowers.htm (waffle mag bodies are a little past halfway down the page).

awww.nodakspud.com_images_NDS_WM_20right.JPG