Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucero

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about AR's except that I want one. Can anyone give me some advice as a good starter? I don't have a lot of cash to put into it. Can I even get a decent one for the 600-700 range? Im sorry I'm so ignorant on this yet I'm posting in here.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good lookin rig; dude!

get that fug out towards the muzzle, it aint doing you any good that close to the receiver. You might like it more.

Thanks!!! I got out in this wonderful weather and plinked some with it. The OKCGC was pretty packed on the benchrest range. Went over to the action range and tested it out to 300yds. It did really well with the 1-4 scope and shooting sling support only. I am definitely pleased with it so far. Now just to reload some good ammo for it!!

There is a ladder panel in the way of moving the FUG out any further. When I shoot with it, I take the ladder panel off and move it out. Just have not messed with it enough to get it set just right.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a ladder panel in the way of moving the FUG out any further. When I shoot with it, I take the ladder panel off and move it out. Just have not messed with it enough to get it set just right.

You can take a razor blade and cut the ladder panels down to the size you want them.

mikear

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well here is my first AR. Yes I know it is not finished. So far:
Spikes lower
Daniel Defense lower build kit
Magpul MOE Grip - FDE
Magpul MOE Stock - FDE
Mil-spec buffer tube
Magpul 30-rd P-mag - FDE (Also have another 30 rd and a 20 rd)

ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s115_stroker_c10_My_20Toys_DSCN0717.jpg

ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s115_stroker_c10_My_20Toys_DSCN0718.jpg

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stroker- looking good so far. What are the plans for the upper?

I am leaning towards an LMT upper but havent really made up my mind yet. I am a college student so funds are limited, plus I believe the next thing on my list is some cylinder heads for my c-10 so that will kind of put this on hold. In the mean time, I plan on just doing more research seeing as this is my first AR and I want the best upper for the price and I know I want something higher quality than a del ton (No offense to anyone that has one).

Things I am pretty set on though will be a BCM gunfighter charging handle, magpul handguard (not planning on adding anything extra, such as light, vfg, etc. and I like the look better than the standard handguard), and I will probably just run iron sights to begin with. I figure the best way to get proficient with it is to start with the basics.

Thanks for the compliment.