Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a $2500 limit for the entire rifle, not just the action. Essentially my goal is a fancy schmancy deer rifle.

Yeah I know. The action will be under $1k and not need to be trued. I can't give a better quote because I don't think even Preston has decided on pricing yet. But I know it will be less then their Tactical action. I think you'd be able to swing it with that limit though.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's the little operation down around Dallas that makes the scopes that are surprisingly nice? He is usually at the larger gun shows. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? lol.

I think I'm going to go with the SPS Tactical and when I save up a little more money I'll throw it in a nice stock. With good set of base and rings and some decent glass it should be a shooter until I can have a new barrel and and action blueprint.

What trigger is recommended for the remington 700? I was thinking about the Jewell with the safety. Midway says adjustable from 1.5 ounces to 4 pounds.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Find either an older factory Rem trigger, a Rifle Basix (which is basically the old Rem trigger), or a Timney. I've heard of too many others breaking. 2 to 2 1/2 pounds is what most use.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find either an older factory Rem trigger, a Rifle Basix (which is basically the old Rem trigger), or a Timney. I've heard of too many others breaking. 2 to 2 1/2 pounds is what most use.

The problem with finding an older Remington trigger is that they seem to have shot up in price way over what they used to go for and I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a factory take-off.

I hated my X-Mark Pro trigger and was glad to get a Timney Trigger in mine, but would have loved to have had a Timney tactical or Jewell.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How dare we let this thread fall to page 2!!!

ai38.photobucket.com_albums_e124_aotactical_Bolt_20Gun_20Stuff_TanHS700a.jpg

ai38.photobucket.com_albums_e124_aotactical_Bolt_20Gun_20Stuff_TanHS700b.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom