Suggestions for Largemouth bass fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonD

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Could anyone point out some places where I could find largemouth bass to fish for in central OKC? Hefner's super hard to find bass, think I've been 20 times and only have caught some 2 trips, kids lake, dolese, overhoster is hard to find bass as well, I've had the best luck around neighborhood ponds around twin lakes, around Yukon etc. just wondering if I'm missing anything. Would love to be fishing closer in central OKC.

Started fishing last year in the brutal summer so I'm learning as I go. Thanks and God bless

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, some of the ponds in Edmond neighborhoods have nice fish in them. My son just bought a house in a neighborhood that has a really good looking pond. There is a sign that says no fishing. I guess that means residents too? But there are lures and bobbers hanging from all the tree branches

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a long time since I went but the east fork of Draper had some excellent bass. Fellow that sold the fishing tubes On Portland swore by it
Fishmaster Float tubes.
Bob Brown.
His son took over the building and it became wesco classic chevrolet parts.
Then I think he died and I do not know what it is now.

Back in the 80's I caught a lot of bass from Draper lake.
I do not fish it anymore.
I hate all the fees and permits

Latest posts

Top Bottom