Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only bolt gun I have left is this hunk of crap . . .
ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a307_jlatzke_Guns_Gunpics012.jpg

I've really stopped carrying that. I've become smitten with this other piece of crap . . .
ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a307_jlatzke_Guns_100_2411.jpg

The only problem I have with the AR is it's trying to have it's way with all my other rifles. Walked in on this the other day . . .
ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a307_jlatzke_Guns_IMG_0678.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a307_jlatzke_Guns_IMG_0679.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a307_jlatzke_Guns_IMG_0681.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!! thats great!

great looking rifles too! definitely have plans to get something like that in the near future!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got mine back from Mechanical Accuracy in Jones.

Steve Baldwin is a friggin guru with these.

I got the Broughton/GAP barrel installed, had to get a .250 recoil lug installed in the process, got a Badger bolt-knob put on and Steve Blueprinted the action (and fiddled with the Timney trigger I had on there so its much crisper and has no creep at all in it now).

Now I just need to hook up with Martin and get the paperwork started on that AAC (its finally in from FL!).

I'm in Edmond all week, so all I got is crappy cell phone pics:

[Broken External Image]

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_bolt.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_barrel.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks its a Falcon Menace. Bought it from Wonders Optics up in Glenpool - he's a nice guy.

This scope is probably going to be my boys' first scope for their rifle that I'm working on building up and I'm hoping to upgrade mine, but I clearly don't know enough about optics (yet) to spend the kind of money I want to spend.

I finally quit toying with the idea of going to a fixed bipod and just ordered the Harris (should be here today sometime - in Morris and not Edmond :( ). The swivel bipods without some sort of pod-lock are just not working for me. I've tried two different styles and honestly, I don't notice a lot of difference in the versa-pod and my crappy caldwell (I can't seem to hold either very still while shooting).

Got a couple of field/data books from the hide the other day and got Mil-Dot Masters as well as some other good bathroom reading literature. I'm honestly thinking of just buying mil-spec crappy ammo from now on to see how accurate I can shoot with just the NATO stuff instead of spending all my money on the expensive stuff.

Next is some bottom metal with a detachable mag, but it probably won't be until after the family vacation coming up.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a new camera :thumb:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_DSCN02321.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_DSCN02301.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_DSCN02291.jpg

Its changed quite a bit since I first posted it, so here is everything its got in it:

- Remington 700 SPS Varmint
- Broughton Barrel blank machined by GA Precision to 22" fluted with AAC SCAR-H connector
- Holland Stainless .250 recoil lug
- HS Precision Stock
- Falcon Menace w/ML 16 Reticule
- Timney Trigger adjusted to 2Lbs
- Action Blueprinted, Badger Knob installed, and trigger work by Mechanical Accuracy
- Harris non-swivel bench rest bipod

Need to get a better sling for it and some flush-cups put in, but I'd really like to get some bottom metal for it soon.

I took this rifle out last night with just enough time to shoot about 9 rounds though it (I hadn't sighted it in since I got it back from Steve). All I can say is that I was amazed.

I've not been able to make good groups out of the factory barrel/action even with the HS precision stock - granted, a lot of that is my inability to shoot the rifle, but I sat down at 75yds and shot a piece of sheet metal and then adjusted and shot again. After adjusting once more I shot again and thought I missed the plate. I went over to look at it and I had probably made the smallest two-shot group I've ever made in my life.

Thinking that this was a fluke, i went back and we setup an old BBQ grill down the hill at 300yds.

I don't have all my holdovers quite figured out on this rifle for distances over 200yds, so I guessed at 3 full-mils in the reticule (at 16x) and my first shot didn't hit the grill. I adjusted to just a hair passed 2 mils on the second one and almost hit the logo (which is what I was aiming at). I was about 3 inches to the left and maybe an inch low.

Took a few more shots and handed the rifle off to two of my buddies (one who had never shot at any distances at all) and we all hit the grill with every shot - though my shot was still the closest :hot:

I gotta hand it to Steve Baldwin over at Mechanical Accuracy - he's the friggin man with a long-gun.

Long-distance shooting just got a lot more fun. :patriot:

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My God EZ, I was looking through this thread. You should do a before and after on that rifle. That's a hell of a transformation!

I've got a 10FP in the works and soon to have a SPS Tactical on the way...

Latest posts

Top Bottom