Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any pick up a Remington 700 Target Tacticle Yet ? They look very nice online.... I think that will be my next choice.

I am ordering one in .223 next payday.

Here's a savage:

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_P2091080.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The target tactical is NOT the VTR, but it does have the triangular shaped barrel. I just can't see any benefits to it. If you need to cool faster, or lighter weight, just get a fluted barrel.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mmchambers, what scope is that?

http://swfa.com/Barska-6-24x60-Swat-Extreme-Tactical-30mm-Scope-P5820.aspx

I took it out today and my only issue with it is that I had to adjust for parallax after pretty much every shot in the higher magnifications. For all the ridiculous features they put on it, there is no locking ring. Mechanically it's sound. The adjustments are accurate and repeatable. I paid much, much, much less that SWFA wants for it. Clarity is about what you would expect for the money. Nothing to write home about. I didn't have very many sub-MOA groups today; but I attribute that to the dirty old milsurp ammo and the fact that I was sweating my ass off and in a hurry.

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_10fprange.jpg

Right now I can't decide if I want to replace the Choate stock with a Bell & Carlson or H&S or put that money towards my next rifle (700 tactical).

II've got some better glass for the Savage, but I had to try out my new toy. just got the UPS notice that my 24" varmint AR parts have shipped out, so I'll probably put that monster scope on it. It's going to be interesting to see a 60mm bell on this rifle:

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_varmintrig.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom