Let's see the Jeeps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepersjeep

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love working on both older and newer. I have a temper problem working on autos also but, jeep is the exception. I think there a huge difference in fixing a broken car so you can get to work and installing something that didn't need fixing in the first place. I think I just get tied up in the thought/moment. I like seeing how things work and like seeing results. To answer your question though:) The older ones are like Erick said. More room, parts are cheap, and parts from other makes fit/work better sometimes. Thats where the saying J.e.e.p. just everyone elses parts come from lol. Not to mention the brotherhood you are in. If you break down on the side of the road in a Jeep, people will stop to see if they can help. I have a funny storie of when I broke down on a side road by TAFB. I had military guys out there in pouring rain helping me out. Ha

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, now that you mention it, any work that I've done on the Jeep myself has been enjoyable. You are right about putting you in a better state of mind. J.E.E.P. Has been also know to mean Just Empty Every Pocket too!

Here is a few more from that day:

ai209.photobucket.com_albums_bb231_Stillh20brewer_DSC_0742.jpg

ai209.photobucket.com_albums_bb231_Stillh20brewer_DSC_0771.jpg

ai209.photobucket.com_albums_bb231_Stillh20brewer_DSC_0745.jpg

This is my driver last August when I got the Jeep. I think he loves it just as much as I do!
ai209.photobucket.com_albums_bb231_Stillh20brewer_colt_2fcb3b8e990d6aaf128de69102266c1d17f1c1b.jpg

And this is me on the way home after buying it. Picked it up in Woodward and decided to lat tow it the rest of the way. Looking back, this was not safe at all! The brakes were shot and the throttle linkage would stick. I had no Idea what I was in for at the time the picture was taken.
ai209.photobucket.com_albums_bb231_Stillh20brewer_colt_9529ffec5359644556f58804db6a3747f9a8839.jpg

jeepersjeep

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! I was needing a new background for my computer. Thanks!

I had a orange Jeep also. Cj7
[Broken External Image]
Just drove through a river. Water was pouring out of the cab. I started sweating when I realized water was over my knees. lol good times!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Erick and JeepersJeep, how hard are the older ones to work on? Find parts for? I would love to have a CJ-7 (actually, like the poster above me, I really want a CJ-8...) but I really know nothing about them.

CJs are very easy, very simple creatures. Parts are an endless bounty. Get one!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! I was needing a new background for my computer. Thanks!

I had a orange Jeep also. Cj7
[Broken External Image]
Just drove through a river. Water was pouring out of the cab. I started sweating when I realized water was over my knees. lol good times!

We got really lucky that evening with the sky. We wanted to take a few pictures to submit to the OSU car show they had last year. We still missed the cut by a couple cars!
My friend has been wanting me to take it to the river and Litttle Sahara but I don't want to . I would have much more fun cruising around or in a pasture than breaking crap on rocks or blowing sand. That is a NICE CJ!

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my Jeepish unit. It is a 1969 Bronco. Originally had a straight six in it but now sports a injected 302 out of a '92 mustang and a 3550 tranny out of a jeep. Rolling on M/T 15X15 wheels and 36X15.5 ATZ tires, 8,000lb winch, hydraulic steering, air locker front w/ pump, detroit locker in rear, etc. I am currently finishing the weld in cage and interior refresh before I start on the body work. I figure if I smack into a tree or rock on a trail then I do not have to fix the dings more than once. Sorry for the crappy Blackberry pics.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom